Coilover charging ?

CalSgt

Hooked
So got the coilovers installed today but on the font both springs are 250’s so how is that a dual rate the cross over rings ain’t even close to the slider ? The rears are 200 over 250 .
Setting your crossover nuts at ride height is part of initial set up of coilovers.

JT@623

Hooked
Setting your crossover nuts at ride height is part of initial set up of coilovers.
On the fronts the cross over rings are bottomed out and still not close to the sliders . The ride is stiff only one inch of preload.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
On the fronts the cross over rings are bottomed out and still not close to the sliders . The ride is stiff only one inch of preload.
It’ll ride like shit the first few hundred miles. Go out on some of the washed out roads and just beat on it. They will soften up. Also check to make sure the shocks are charged. They don’t always come charged. You can at least buy a nitrogen gauge on Amazon.

JT@623

Hooked
It’ll ride like shit the first few hundred miles. Go out on some of the washed out roads and just beat on it. They will soften up. Also check to make sure the shocks are charged. They don’t always come charged. You can at least buy a nitrogen gauge on Amazon.
I’ll try that checking the charge today and and a few loose ends to tidy up then I’ll go beat on it a bit 👍

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I’ll try that checking the charge today and and a few loose ends to tidy up then I’ll go beat on it a bit 👍
Also the other thing, it may ride rough on the street. Most coilovers do if setup properly. And by rough I mean rougher than coil and shock but they shine offroad.

Bierpower

Hooked
That’s my question shouldn’t the top spring be a different rate ? To me the 250 /250 could just be one long spring that’s not a dual rate .
This is false. With 250lbs of force both springs will compress an inch giving you 2" total. Effective spring rate is 125#/in. When you hit your ring and switch to a single spring you now have 250#/in rate.

Top Bottom