Coilovers....do I need to upgrade ??

you mean you wouldn't want this sweet set up? who needs cargo space?:crazyeyes:
View attachment 84650

I just noticed that this guy has a hard top on. While I sold both of mine a long time ago, I really liked how they did a great job of keeping the noise down and dirt out. Too bad for him he's now got holes punched into the bottom of his tub :crazyeyes:

Your understanding is correct and if you can believe it, the rear coil overs on an EVO lever are only 8" long. The mechanics of it allow for the 14" of travel. Likewise, up front, a DTD coil over is only 12" long but, due to the geometry of the angled back brackets, you not only get a much higher mounting position that allows for a much lower stance, it also allows for a true 14" of travel. Other companies will sell you coil overs that are 14" long BUT, because of how their kits are designed, will require you to sit sky high and in some cases, only allow a pathetic 9.5" of vertical travel - a total waste.

Correct, it is built into the design of the EVO lever system. The cantilever offers a mechanical advantage through leverage which allows a 10" coilover and bypass ( I think they are 10") to achieve the same amount of travel as a vertically mounted 14" coil over bypass

Edit; as Wayoflife states it could be 8" shock length

View attachment 84634

Thanks for the info Gents. It is an awesome system for sure and I personally am glad to there is a company around that has the balls to perfect a system like this for us Jeepers! :thumb: Big props to them for that, as this type of setup was only seen on expensive desert race vehicles not too long ago. I think its awesome that this is now an option for our platform choice.

you mean you wouldn't want this sweet set up? who needs cargo space?:crazyeyes:
View attachment 84650

I will admit that this set up is pretty cool looking and is nice on a dedicated trail rig, but as a few of the Wayalife minions and EVO fan boys point out :icon_crazy:, the cabin can no longer be sealed from the elements because of the holes cut into the tub. Now some of you EVOJEEP followers (I believe I am paying 2 of you to follow my rig like loyal fans) will say "but you run an EVO Lever and never run full doors or a hardtop, so your jeep is always exposed to the elements, why not just run a system like these vertical coilovers....." So in response I say two things: 1) shut up, you are being paid to follow, not question. 2) running an EVO lever still allows me to have a completely empty and unobstructed cargo area, I do still have a hard top and full doors that I can put on the EVOJEEP at anytime.

So in closing, I will state that I have options with my EVO lever.....options are always good.

How did I know.....It was mailed on the 18th, signature delivery requested. My records show a Mr. Pid signed for it, first name of Stu....

That must have been Overlander's. But I have couple FAQs for you. ;)

Top Bottom