Coilovers or ori's ?

There is a lot of Misinformation about ORI struts. ORI struts are nothing like an air shock. There is an upper and lower chamber to charge and they are super easy to adjust and make changes, way easier than a coil over. They also have fluid in them. I will tell you that on a 5500# jk it takes a little more pressure to get them to work as intended and that will create a bit of a rough ride on the street. That doesn't keep me from driving mine on the street, I still love to drive it to work once in a while, but if I had a 30+ mile drive it might get old.I have them on my 4 door and love them. If I was going to drive my jeep to work everyday I would have gone coil overs for sure, but for rock crawling I prefer the ORIs. View attachment 125852

I am yet to finish my junk and try them out but when i asked around about this I was informed you can infact revalve these things for different rigs to get the most out of them maybe that would help?? or lower the bottom chamber pressure so that you dont have to run so much pressure in the top for the same ride height?? I will have to play with them a lot once my jeep is back together!

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
You can mount them the same way as coilovers mount, a shop in toronto did a build last summer using synergy rear coilover mount and front artec weld in mount and just bolt them in same as you would a coil over then just adjust ride height, would be even less labour because you dont need to install limit straps and bump stop cans!

on my jeep im going to notch and outboard the rear oris and front will be same as everyones setup the put a bolt in the top and bolt in the bottom charge em up bam done

Interesting, I have never really looked into these. So they fit outboard with stock axles? What backspacing is needed? What coil over kit are you referring to that uses limit straps and bump stop cans? I was planning on the evo bolt on kit and didn't see them included.

CRAZYCASEY

I am yet to finish my junk and try them out but when i asked around about this I was informed you can infact revalve these things for different rigs to get the most out of them maybe that would help?? or lower the bottom chamber pressure so that you dont have to run so much pressure in the top for the same ride height?? I will have to play with them a lot once my jeep is back together!

At a lower pressure you would need a sway bar minimum fro the body roll. I spoke with ORI and they said the Resivoirs would smooth them out quite a bit. I know they can be re valves but I like the higher pressure better in the rocks anyway and my jeep only sees about 3000 miles a year in on road use

CRAZYCASEY

Interesting, I have never really looked into these. So they fit outboard with stock axles? What backspacing is needed? What coil over kit are you referring to that uses limit straps and bump stop cans? I was planning on the evo bolt on kit and didn't see them included.

Doubt you could fit them outboard with stock axles, my rear is 69" wide and I had to notch the frame to get them to clear.

If you want to go fast in the desert you will want to add bump stops to the coil overs for sure. If your just going to the mall and running dirt roads no need.

Last edited:
Top Bottom