Coilovers

Brute

Hooked
LOL - no. In fact, I was kind of sold on the idea or at least, up until mine broke while flexing. The first time around, I wrote it off as being a fluke but the second time, I decided to get rid of it. Of course, this was just my personal experience.

You're flexing too much...bro

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You're flexing too much...bro

Me? LOL - not likely. I'm just a mall crawler.

Took me a while to find but here are some pics of what the first break looked like. Still looking for the second.

20190206112700-660d3aca.jpg

20190206112655-7efb8440.jpg

20190206112658-992342b7.jpg

Neat idea and again, one that I bought into but the lighter sway bar still offers too much resistance. The fact that I was breaking arms is kind of proof of it or at least, to me anyway.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, this isn't a SwayLOC or Currie Antirock but it is essentially the same thing as the later or at least, for the rear. Back before EVO would push the Antirock for the rear when installing a DTD, they used to make their own sway bar system that was integrated into the EVO Lever frame. To help allow for a bit more flex, they decided to use a softer torsion bar but unfortunately, the DTD offered way too much and they started to break, just like mine did.

main.php

The Antirock won't break but only because it uses a bigger torsion bar and offers a LOT more resistance.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's because of all this that I choose to run a factory rear sway bar. As you can see in the photo below, it will NOT limit your flex (see limiting strap is taught) and will still offer a good amount of stability. Best part is, it comes with your Jeep from the factory and at no additional charge.

main.php

Exodus 4x4

Me? LOL - not likely. I'm just a mall crawler.

Took me a while to find but here are some pics of what the first break looked like. Still looking for the second.

20190206112700-660d3aca.jpg

20190206112655-7efb8440.jpg

20190206112658-992342b7.jpg

Neat idea and again, one that I bought into but the lighter sway bar still offers too much resistance. The fact that I was breaking arms is kind of proof of it or at least, to me anyway.

Oh damn! Looks like they did change the design up a bit since then. The arms look like they’re a socket type fit instead butt welded, and the welds themselves appear to be tig welded. IMG_1814.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Oh damn! Looks like they did change the design up a bit since then. The arms look like they’re a socket type fit instead butt welded, and the welds themselves appear to be tig welded.

Nice! Glad to see they improved their design. I think the problem was that they weren't accounting for the fact that arms want to pull away as the torsion bar rotates. This puts a LOT of load at the point they are welded. Either way, it is a better solution than an Antirock but for me personally, I'm done experimenting with these softer sway bars. They simply offer too much resistance for my taste. I personally still prefer a non-functioning Rubicon e-disco with an EVO no limits knob.

MericaMade

Nice! Glad to see they improved their design. I think the problem was that they weren't accounting for the fact that arms want to pull away as the torsion bar rotates. This puts a LOT of load at the point they are welded. Either way, it is a better solution than an Antirock but for me personally, I'm done experimenting with these softer sway bars. They simply offer too much resistance for my taste. I personally still prefer a non-functioning Rubicon e-disco with an EVO no limits knob.

Coming from someone with your experience and who has had the opportunity to see and test a lot of products , I am glad to hear you say that last line about the e-disco and EVO no limits. This saves me both time and money. :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Coming from someone with your experience and who has had the opportunity to see and test a lot of products , I am glad to hear you say that last line about the e-disco and EVO no limits. This saves me both time and money. :thumb:

Honestly, it's what I run now on Moby. My e-disco died years ago and I've been running the No Limits since it became available. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
How much more travel does the No Limits provide over the stock Rubicon E-Disco?

"more travel"? None. It simply makes it so that you can manually disconnect your sway bar with the twist of a knob. I personally prefer the push button that my JK came with but the electronic motor died years ago. :crazyeyes:

sjstar

I run Evo coilover setup on my jeep with stock arms and front AEV drop brackets. I try to hit the trail once a month and have about 12 trips on the setup since i switched from a standard lift kit. Trails ranging from desert longer distance stuff to Rubicon. The setup really works great and i use every last bit of travel the coilovers give me even with stock arms and bushings. Its been a few trips since i took the arms down to look at the bushings but seems to be holding up just fine. My next objective is custom shock tuning and another spring rate change. My rig is a bit heavy in the rear with the kitchen setup and i still like to go fast in the desert. The possibilites as far as tuning are great with coilovers it just takes time and an experienced person to dial it in to your specific desires. I knew that i wanted to further dial my suspension in that off the shelf stuff what ever it may be and this was the best option that i came up with.

Top Bottom