Coleman stove question

GCM 2

Damn dude, you pack a cheese course when you wheel? I wanna roll with you! :D

Only if the wife is along for the ride. The other 99.98976% of the time when its just me, its a 1 gallon jug of water and some kind of scientifically engineered sports food bar that passes itself off as healthy (Lara bars are my go to snack)

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Only if the wife is along for the ride. The other 99.98976% of the time when its just me, its a 1 gallon jug of water and some kind of scientifically engineered sports food bar that passes itself off as healthy (Lara bars are my go to snack)

What?!? I thought it was rockstars and theraflu or some other similar crazy heart stopping combo. ;)

Last edited:

moorecb3

Those small Colman stoves might not be the best for every situation but they are still a great buy. My dad has had one for about 30 years and it still works like it's brand new

SaddleTramp

Not sure if any of the Camp Chef models have been posted up yet but bought one of these for my folks a few years back and they've liked it better than the previous Coleman they had for years prior.

The Camp Chef seems to have better flame control, little bigger cooking area for a two burner and said to have higher BTU's and quicker boil times. Of course it comes at a little higher price but will probably be what I purchase soon for my own use.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004S...ASIN=B004S3HDBO&linkCode=xm2&tag=outdoocom-20

JandSJK

I don't know if you remember BiMart from your days here in Oregon. I won the one you listed #1 on lucky# Tuesday about 4 year ago and it has been on every camping trip with us. It's been a great stove. The griddle works good. But it's a very good idea to put foil under the burner if you use it as a grill. PITA to clean if you don't.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using WAYALIFE mobile app

GCM 2

What?!? I thought is was rockstars and theraflu or some other similar crazy heart stopping combo. ;)

Sharkey, I am a trained medical professional and what you were witnessing was actually a World Health Organization case study that I participated in to further the sciences of "off roading with severe Flu like symptoms" for the general public......

Actually, I don't even really remember day 1 of the 2012 JK Experience. 22 jeeps were at risk due to my spotting through a fog of Rock Star stimulants and Robitussin :icon_crazy:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Sharkey, I am a trained medical professional and what you were witnessing was actually a World Health Organization case study that I participated in to further the sciences of "off roading with severe Flu like symptoms" for the general public......

Actually, I don't even really remember day 1 of the 2012 JK Experience. 22 jeeps were at risk due to my spotting through a fog of Rock Star stimulants and Robitussin :icon_crazy:

:clap2: That's right, it was Robitussin. Your spotting through whatever kind of fog is most certainly safer than most of us yahoos spotting with perfect clarity.

StrizzyChris

Greg came rollin in singing...

sean.m.adams33

I have the Coleman triton (#2) and it isn't bad. It gets the job done. Compact. Easy to clean. I got it on sale at sport chalet so it was a good deal, came with a bag and two propane bottles.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Took it out of the box.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400363745.167586.jpg

Quality looks okay. Stamped metal so not huge expectations.

Fired right up when I tested the starter.

Comes with a grill and griddle for the left side.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400363858.452198.jpg

Has a removable drip pan on the bottom.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400363910.384298.jpg

Think I'll line the bottom with foil to make clean up easier.

Finally, it comes with a bag that holds everything, including 2 propane bottles.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400363987.236147.jpg

Not bad for $99.

I'm thinking about cooking breakfast on it tomorrow.

GCM 2

Nice! Definitely give us a little review if you choose to use it. I'm sure like most cast iron skillets, grills and griddles, a little seasoning over time with cooking will improve the flavor of your meals.

I had Mel pick this up for you. At least now I can tell him that he can return this to the vendor at the Overland Expo. I thought it would make a nice gift for you, but you seem to like your purchase.....

image-313935063.jpg

MTG

Caught the Bug
Nice! Definitely give us a little review if you choose to use it. I'm sure like most cast iron skillets, grills and griddles, a little seasoning over time with cooking will improve the flavor of your meals.

I had Mel pick this up for you. At least now I can tell him that he can return this to the vendor at the Overland Expo. I thought it would make a nice gift for you, but you seem to like your purchase.....

View attachment 83496

Does that go on the roof rack or slide out tray in the back? Either way it looks like a perfect cauldron for casting trail spells. Now were did I put that eye of newt powder?

JAGS

Hooked
Took it out of the box.

View attachment 83481

Quality looks okay. Stamped metal so not huge expectations.

Fired right up when I tested the starter.

Comes with a grill and griddle for the left side.

View attachment 83482

Has a removable drip pan on the bottom.

View attachment 83483

Think I'll line the bottom with foil to make clean up easier.

Finally, it comes with a bag that holds everything, including 2 propane bottles.

View attachment 83493

Not bad for $99.

I'm thinking about cooking breakfast on it tomorrow.

Based on first view, will it work for family outings and yet still compact enough when going with just 1-2 people. I need to make a final selection and was using this thread to help.

- Jason

Top Bottom