Colorado- China Wall Snow Run 1-24-15

Rmorin222

Can you put together a going and maybe list??? I will also keep bugging the local group I am a part of and see if we can get some more solid response on how many are going.

Txjkjpr

Stole this from one of Eddie's event post, hope you don't mind Eddie;) Thought it was good.

The Plan
We will be meeting up in the Rudy’s Parking located at 315 South 31st Street, Colorado Springs, CO. Please be gassed up and ready to roll by 9:00 AM. The plan is to depart at 9:15 AM make our way to trailhead (Hwy 24 to Tarryall). Once at the trailhead we will air down and disconnect. When everyone is ready we will head out wheeling. There are a few obstacles that are optional and can be bypassed. There are a couple of mild that cannot be bypassed. The plan is to be down to China Wall by lunchtime, we will stop to play and have lunch.

What You Need to Know
Please be aware that it will most likely be cold so please pack/dress accordingly. Also, you need to make sure that you bring plenty of water as well as a lunch and snacks for you and everyone in your Jeep. While we "should" be done with this run by sundown, anything can and often does happen out on the trail and you NEED to be prepared for a long night - just in case. You also need to know that there are no bathrooms on this trip. I will be sure to stop periodically in a location where it's more advantageous for the ladies to find cover but that's the best I can offer. Likewise, there are no trash facilities so you need to be sure to pack out what you pack in. Last but not least, it's not a requirement but, if you have a CB, I think you will find this trip to be a LOT more fun. We will use Channel 14 unless otherwise informed.

If you think you can join us or have any questions about this run, please let us know by posting them up on this thread.

Who's Going List (please add to the list)

1. John (Txjkjpr)-Wayalife/CSC4W/CJP/Frontrange4x4
2. Buckeyenative
3. Shep Helix-CSC4W
4. Austin Pugh-CSC4W
5. Ralph Miller-CSC4W
6. Rmorin222-Wayalife&CSC4W
7. JJT-Wayalife
8. CastleRockJeep-Waylife
9. H8ROADS
10. Brandrubs-Frontrange4x4
11. Will Berry-MilitaryJeepers

Maybe

1. Steve M.-Colorado Jeep People
2. Multiscuf-Frontrange4x4

Rmorin222

Looks like a good group. We should be able to get some killer pictures for all the forums. It will be awesome to get to know everyone and see if we can put together a caravan for some of the out of town Wayalife trips.

JJT

I might have a fellow jeeper friend that is interested in joining... If it's cool with everyone...

t8er

I'll be working that day. Wish I could go. You're the second group I know that's going. There's a group going from RocOn 4x4 that same day. If you see a silver jeep with Punisher on the hood that's the group. Good folks too if you do end up seeing them.

Txjkjpr

I'll be working that day. Wish I could go. You're the second group I know that's going. There's a group going from RocOn 4x4 that same day. If you see a silver jeep with Punisher on the hood that's the group. Good folks too if you do end up seeing them.

We will keep a look out for them.

Txjkjpr

UPDATED LIST: Currently have 14 Confirmed with an additional 5 Maybes'.

The Plan
We will be meeting up in the Rudy’s Parking located at 315 South 31st Street, Colorado Springs, CO. Please be gassed up and ready to roll by 9:00 AM. The plan is to depart at 9:15 AM make our way to trailhead (Hwy 24 to Tarryall). Once at the trailhead we will air down and disconnect. When everyone is ready we will head out wheeling. There are a few obstacles that are optional and can be bypassed. There are a couple of mild that cannot be bypassed. The plan is to be down to China Wall by lunchtime, we will stop to play and have lunch.

What You Need to Know
Please be aware that it will most likely be cold so please pack/dress accordingly. Also, you need to make sure that you bring plenty of water as well as a lunch and snacks for you and everyone in your Jeep. While we "should" be done with this run by sundown, anything can and often does happen out on the trail and you NEED to be prepared for a long night - just in case. You also need to know that there are no bathrooms on this trip. I will be sure to stop periodically in a location where it's more advantageous for the ladies to find cover but that's the best I can offer. Likewise, there are no trash facilities so you need to be sure to pack out what you pack in. Last but not least, it's not a requirement but, if you have a CB, I think you will find this trip to be a LOT more fun. We will use Channel 14 unless otherwise informed.

If you think you can join us or have any questions about this run, please let us know by posting them up on this thread.

Who's Going List (please add to the list)

1. John (Txjkjpr)-Wayalife/CSC4W/CJP/Frontrange4x4
2. Buckeyenative
3. Shep Helix-CSC4W
4. Austin Pugh-CSC4W
5. Ralph Miller-CSC4W
6. Rmorin222-Wayalife&CSC4W
7. JJT-Wayalife
8. CastleRockJeep-Waylife
9. H8ROADS
10. Brandrubs-Frontrange4x4
11. Will Berry-MilitaryJeepers
12. Glen Hoover +1- CSC4W
13. H8ROADS-Wayalife/Frontrange4x4

Maybe

1. Steve M.-Colorado Jeep People
2. Multiscuf-Frontrange4x4
4. JKUOne
5. +1

Last edited:

Rmorin222

Is there any chance of you helping us get in touch with them? Either want to try to join up or figuring out who goes first so we don't bind up the trail?

Txjkjpr

Is there any chance of you helping us get in touch with them? Either want to try to join up or figuring out who goes first so we don't bind up the trail?

I was just able to get a message to the organizer. Hopefully I'll get a email back. It looks like they are meeting at 9 am but their message didn't say where, or at least what I was able to see.

Rmorin222

I was just able to get a message to the organizer. Hopefully I'll get a email back. It looks like they are meeting at 9 am but their message didn't say where, or at least what I was able to see.

I saw that too. I also noticed they only had 6 going. Maybe they can just join up.

Txjkjpr

I saw that too. I also noticed they only had 6 going. Maybe they can just join up.

Hopefully that will be the next discussion. I also got an invite from Colorado Jeep People that they are planning a run on the 24th as well. Talked to the organizer (a friend) as they were discussing running China Wall as well, but not finalized. They have 7 rigs confirmed.

Rmorin222

Good thing I've got my wayalife banner on its way. I say the more the merrier. We had 60+ jeeps show to the kick off. How awesome if we got half that for a local run?? Need to get some good pictures and video of this run for sure.

Txjkjpr

Good thing I've got my wayalife banner on its way. I say the more the merrier. We had 60+ jeeps show to the kick off. How awesome if we got half that for a local run?? Need to get some good pictures and video of this run for sure.

No doubt. This will be the biggest group I've lead/organized. I'll bring my goPro and a camera (maybe my wife will come and take photos).

Rmorin222

Let's meet at Rudy's a bit early before everyone else so we can kind of plan. I may also be taking a drive up Mt Herman road this weekend. Just a smooth 2 wheel drive road that can be fun in the snow.

Txjkjpr

Let's meet at Rudy's a bit early before everyone else so we can kind of plan. I may also be taking a drive up Mt Herman road this weekend. Just a smooth 2 wheel drive road that can be fun in the snow.

I'll be there at 8:30. I thought Mt. Herman Road was closed? I know Rampart is closed.

Rmorin222

Both are opened up now. Mt Herman was closed up till the beginning of Jauary and they finally reopened Rampart this past fall

Top Bottom