Colorado- China Wall Snow Run 1-24-15

Txjkjpr

They must have just closed it. I was up there last month. Crazy!!

It might be I looked at it last month and saw the notice. I might run out there this weekend just to see. I like that route, especially when I have meet ups in Woodland Park.

Txjkjpr

I may be reading it wrong but does it say the main road is open???? Stupid legal jargan.

It is confusing. I took it to say that the trails are open, but the road is closed. That's why I might have to make a quick run up that way to make sure.

t8er

Rampart range road is closed. For the RocOn group they're leaving from bailey at 830 am. Id guess they'll be about an hour ahead of you guys. Bruce Bates is the guy leading it. You can pm him on facebook or meetup.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Wow, are we sure China Wall can handle this much traffic without being a cluster fuck? I'm all for it, but its a pretty mild run to begin with and if we're all going to be sitting around it might really make this more of a social affair, which is totally cool, but a tiny bit disappointing.

Either way, looking forward to some mountain air. Been sitting at home for far too long.

Also, I may have to bail out a bit early depending on how quick we're moving, but I'll be there either way.

Rmorin222

Wow, are we sure China Wall can handle this much traffic without being a cluster fuck? I'm all for it, but its a pretty mild run to begin with and if we're all going to be sitting around it might really make this more of a social affair, which is totally cool, but a tiny bit disappointing.

Either way, looking forward to some mountain air. Been sitting at home for far too long.

Also, I may have to bail out a bit early depending on how quick we're moving, but I'll be there either way.

Should be fun either way. And I am sure we will get some fall out the day of too. Im just stoked on getting Rudy's for breakfast.

Txjkjpr

It should be good. I spoke with one of the other clubs and they are going out really early so there shouldn't be any conflict. Also asked if they wanted to merge both of the groups and he stated that with the earlier start that they might not, but would ask the group.

The nice thing is that it is a mild trail which will limit the number of bottle necks. It should be a good day.

t8er

The other group only has 4 rigs going anyways plus they are leaving earlier so the should be on the trail ahead of yall.

Txjkjpr

The other group only has 4 rigs going anyways plus they are leaving earlier so the should be on the trail ahead of yall.

That is what I was told when I spoke with the organizer. It all should be good. Looking forward to the run and meeting some Wayalifers'.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Curious - I don't have an air compressor yet. Are we going to have a few folks with OBA that we can leach off of?

Txjkjpr

Here is the updated list. 15 rigs confirmed with 4 maybes, looks like the other group going is leaving earlier so there should not be any issues. I'll do one more update on Friday so if anything changes please let me know so I can note it on The Plan. If anyone else from this group would like to go please let me know on the thread. Thanks.

The Plan
We will be meeting up in the Rudy’s Parking located at 315 South 31st Street, Colorado Springs, CO. Please be gassed up and ready to roll by 9:00 AM. The plan is to depart at 9:15 AM make our way to trailhead (Hwy 24 to Tarryall). Once at the trailhead we will air down and disconnect. When everyone is ready we will head out wheeling. There are a few obstacles that are optional and can be bypassed. There are a couple of mild that cannot be bypassed. The plan is to be down to China Wall by lunchtime, we will stop to play and have lunch.

What You Need to Know
Please be aware that it will most likely be cold so please pack/dress accordingly. Also, you need to make sure that you bring plenty of water as well as a lunch and snacks for you and everyone in your Jeep. While we "should" be done with this run by sundown, anything can and often does happen out on the trail and you NEED to be prepared for a long night - just in case. You also need to know that there are no bathrooms on this trip. I will be sure to stop periodically in a location where it's more advantageous for the ladies to find cover but that's the best I can offer. Likewise, there are no trash facilities so you need to be sure to pack out what you pack in. Last but not least, it's not a requirement but, if you have a CB, I think you will find this trip to be a LOT more fun. We will use Channel 14 unless otherwise informed.

If you think you can join us or have any questions about this run, please let us know by posting them up on this thread.

Who's Going List (please add to the list)

1. John (Txjkjpr)-Wayalife/CSC4W/CJP/Frontrange4x4
2. Buckeyenative
3. Shep Helix-CSC4W
4. Austin Pugh-CSC4W
5. Ralph Miller-CSC4W
6. Rmorin222-Wayalife&CSC4W
7. JJT-Wayalife
8. CastleRockJeep-Waylife
9. H8ROADS- Wayalife/Frontrange4x4
10. Brandrubs-Frontrange4x4
11. Will Berry-MilitaryJeepers
12. Glen Hoover +1- CSC4W