Colorado - Holy Cross - July 20

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Nice pictures WJCO! Glad to hear that the WJ pulled through. Looks like some pretty rugged terrain! Beautiful country!

Slimebones

It was an amazing day on the trail. Was totally expecting to have to pull a winch line at some point, but it did not happen (aside from giving harker1 a small tug up a small "cliff"). Truly one of Colorado's best trails. Has it all.

onlyone

Problem is everything else is going to seem like a fire road compared to that, unless you do Independence / Patriot, Carnage, et al. Lol.

Awesome pics. How did the WJ fare? Also... Fucking side by sides! They tend to trigger the "Get Of my Lawn" reflex.

View attachment 331184

This. I wish I could have made it. Hopefully we can do it this year again. I wanted to see how it was on 37’s vs when I did it on 33s in a sport. Lol

Awesome pics and love seeing the WJ run through it.

anviljk

That was a great trail. Glad everyone made it home. Didn't find out until I hit pavement today I bent my drag link. Good thing the new one's in the garage.

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
Awesome video and pictures! Jeff’s Jeep is a beast, and the WJ looked great out there.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

jeffj

Caught the Bug
WOW, that was really spectacular! This trail was definitely a bucket list ride for me. And to be able to hook up with some great people really made it special.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

harker1

We figured you went down. We were up at the city when they came in like a locust invasion. By the time we got back down and didn't see you there, we figured you headed back. I've got some pics of you going up that obstacle that I'll post in a little bit. How'd you do getting back down that obstacle?

Thanks for the pics. Yup going down always easier. My wife is learning quick the right route. She did awesome.

Boy that one pic really shows route not to take. I shoulda went wider earlier.

Again thanks

We did a horrible job taking pics. Shoulda got more of your WJ. It made it look easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WJCO

Meme King
WOW, that was really spectacular! This trail was definitely a bucket list ride for me. And to be able to hook up with some great people really made it special.

Nice to meet you guys. Hope to wheel again with you guys sometime.

Thanks for the pics. Yup going down always easier. My wife is learning quick the right route. She did awesome.

Boy that one pic really shows route not to take. I shoulda went wider earlier.

Glad you made it down safely. Hope to join you again sometime.

I also meant to post this earlier and forgot. Some of you probably know this, but the Holy Cross trail and area is named because of this mountain: Mount Of The Holy Cross. It has a snowfield shaped like a cross that is very visible. It can't be seen from the trail itself because it's on the other side of the mountain.

Mount-of-the-Holy-Cross-Panorama-1.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Really mad I had to be in CA for this run, looks like you all had a good day.

Doug and I were talking about you after the run. We really would have liked to see you and seen how you would have approached things on this trail :D

Top Bottom