Coming up to Speed With Grubbicon

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I cant either. Ive never actually seen a set of ORIs with resis in person. I thought about getting a red set, but I figured since it was anodized it wouldnt match and they say they fade faster then the black ones will.

Im sure they will hold up better either way, not like you daily yours tho. I wish I knew that was an option cuz I almost would have ordered my kings new that way.

Grubbicon

Im sure they will hold up better either way, not like you daily yours tho. I wish I knew that was an option cuz I almost would have ordered my kings new that way.

Well not sure if you can get the kings that way but I believe its a ORI thing not a Filthy Motorsports thing. You could always have your Kings powdercoated if you want a color change.

BigPrince

I cant either. Ive never actually seen a set of ORIs with resis in person. I thought about getting a red set, but I figured since it was anodized it wouldnt match and they say they fade faster then the black ones will.

Head up to AllSouth. Pretty sure Danny has some in stock or his Jeep is usually there. They've done 4-5 TJ/LJs with ORIs. They are sexy.

Grubbicon

Head up to AllSouth. Pretty sure Danny has some in stock or his Jeep is usually there. They've done 4-5 TJ/LJs with ORIs. They are sexy.

Well ordered them last night so should see them soon since they were in stock. Its gonna be hard to look at them not on the jeep for awhile.

bsimon187

On the show Car Fix, they are putting the ford 250 axles under a JKU. As I was watching the show, I got a few alerts on your thread being updated. Thought it was funny.. Carry On.. :thumb:

BigPrince

Well ordered them last night so should see them soon since they were in stock. Its gonna be hard to look at them not on the jeep for awhile.

Ah ok, that's what I get for multitasking. Misread and thought they weren't in stock. Cool - I'm interested in seeing the black as well.

Grubbicon

On the show Car Fix, they are putting the ford 250 axles under a JKU. As I was watching the show, I got a few alerts on your thread being updated. Thought it was funny.. Carry On.. :thumb:
Thats pretty funny. Im gonna need to check that show out. Maybe it will give me some ideas.

Ah ok, that's what I get for multitasking. Misread and thought they weren't in stock. Cool - I'm interested in seeing the black as well.
No problems. My grammar may of not been all that great on that post. (probably horrible here as well lol)

Grubbicon

Ordered Artec shock towers a bit ago for the ORIs. I got the standard height non cut versions for the front, because I figured to fit the ORIs Im going to have to cut them down anyway. Also call the Tall version uncut ones for the rear. I didn't get any mounts for the tubes yet mainly because not really sure what Im going to do there yet. If I had a full truss it would be easier and run the flat tabs on the truss, but not really sure how they would work on the tubs. So I guess once I actually have the axles under the Jeep I can go from there and come up with a plan then. I also made a deal with a friend to buy his old beadlocks off his rig. They are RaceLine steel beadlocks and Im planning on getting them tomorrow. He has 4 so I will get a 5th new one and they are 17x9.5 with a 3.5". That the spyderlocks are going up forsale. Im thinking of starting the price at 1600 so if anyone is local and may be interested let me know. They are 17x19.5 and 5x5 bolt pattern.

Grubbicon

Well didnt get a chance yesterday to get my wheels from my buddy, but I went and got them earlier. With a new ring and a fresh paint job they will be ready. Ill get a 5th sometime down the road for a spare and I will also be getting a new ring soon to replace the one that is bent (obvious in pictures which it is).
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446685756.558495.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446685768.753723.jpg
I also set 2 of them on the rear axle to see how wide it was gonna be. It came out to 83" wide. So after tires get on the wheels im guessing im going to be right at 7ft wide maybe just a couple inches over that.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446685859.186272.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446685870.121082.jpg

Also got news today that my ORI Struts shipped a few hours ago so hopefully I'll have them middle to end of next week, all though I probably wont need them for a month or so.

Krystianjk

When you installed the spyderlocks did you have to replace the lug nuts or were you able to use the stock ones?

Grubbicon

When you installed the spyderlocks did you have to replace the lug nuts or were you able to use the stock ones?
I replaced them, but Ive never had a stock set of lug nuts on my Jeep considering when I got it had a different set of wheels and tires and a lift on it. Im going to assume they have to be changed though.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I run stock nuts on my slabs, so I would think they would work fine with the spiders as well. I know steve runs more of a "tuner lug" on his chamber pros tho.

Grubbicon

I honestly couldn't tell you. If I remember correctly I got them from Spyderlock when I bought the wheels. Maybe someone else will chime in here. Sorry not much help on this one.

EDIT: Since Hinrichs says the stock lug nuts on a slab will work Im sure they will work on the spyderlocks as well considering they are the same exact wheel.

Last edited:

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I "upgraded" my lug nuts when I put on my Slabs. One, they were black instead of chrome and two, they had a security nut so I had some more piece of mind when it comes to theft. McGard I think was the brand.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I ran stock lug nuts on the 18" Spyderlocks that were on my old '08 JK Rubi on 35" Mud Grapplers. Had zero issues for the two years that I ran those wheels.

Grubbicon

Well today I got about a hr or so to work on the axles. I cut off and ground down what was left of the factory driver side control arm mounts. Also start going at some of the cast.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446764817.582935.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446764826.569762.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446764834.966949.jpg

Last edited:

Grubbicon

Well look what just showed up!!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446769510.624834.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446769523.705051.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446769538.725540.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446769548.475387.jpg

Im really amazed these things showed up so fast. I guess here is the perk to only living hour and half from ORI.

Top Bottom