Control arm question

awdel87

How good is revolution, I contacted revolution for an estimate, I went from 29" to 33" and I told him I was going to do 37" in a year. The guy told me to do 4.88. I heard a lot of people saying 5.13 for 37".

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Draconianwinter

How good is revolution, I contacted revolution for an estimate, I went from 29" to 33" and I told him I was going to do 37" in a year. The guy told me to do 4.88. I heard a lot of people saying 5.13 for 37".

Most people will do 5.13 gears, but you can do 4.88 as well you just won't have a much pulling power. For the rubicon like mine when I go to a 35" Tire a 4.88 gearing will keep it in about the same power ratio.

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy

I have 4.88s and while I find them great for 35s I'd definitely do 5.13s with 37s.

If you have a D30 front you should know that the 5.13 inside will have very small and weak teeth.

Draconianwinter

They're all pretty similarly made. Just don't go with a Chinese knockoff. Here's some common brands: Yukon, Revolution, Nitro, Spicer, Alloy.
I have seen several bad reviews on nitro involving broken gears and them not wanting to warranty them and that was after their recommended shop done the install.

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

5.13 is a better ratio to run with 37's but as MR.Ty said, if you've got a Dana 30 up front, your pinion will be very small. 4.88 will be a safer bet.

Top Bottom