Cozdude's build of Knuckles

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Just Murphy striking again! That really sucks...

Things like this happen to me every time I'm on a tight time schedule to get the project done.

I hope you're able to fix it without buying an entire new tank...

'07 JKUR ... mod'ing never stops...

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Have you checked rockauto?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
I have not but it doesn't look like a removable part anyway. I will heck tho
Quadratec sells it for $314. https://www.quadratec.com/parts/jeep-wrangler-jk-fuel-pump-parts

Take that part number and check out RockAuto as Overlander mentioned, or one of the other chain auto parts stores, and see if you can get a better price.
It's not part of the fuel pump assembly. This is part of the evap system on the back on the tank. The pump is located in the middle of the tank

Ddays

Hooked
Might be worth the time to check with a couple junkyards for that part, if not a whole tank? It's not like that's a part that wore out

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Might be worth the time to check with a couple junkyards for that part, if not a whole tank? It's not like that's a part that wore out

Yea I'm going to if I knew of any junkyards around me lol. Never been able to find one "local" in my research. I am gonna try this Jerry rig repair first and then start looking around

GraniteCrystal

I hate it when I break stupid little stuff like that, especially at the end of a project. Video you show of pvc pipe solution should work fine. Maybe just double check that gasoline won't break down the glue over time. Hope it works out.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I hate it when I break stupid little stuff like that, especially at the end of a project. Video you show of pvc pipe solution should work fine. Maybe just double check that gasoline won't break down the glue over time. Hope it works out.

Yea I plan on using the glue and then doing a layer of permatex as a second layer to help hold it on better and so the connection hopefully doesn't break again if I ever need to take that line off again.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just started to catch up on this and man, what a bummer. The good news is that a broken evap check valve won't leave you high and dry. You will have a check engine light come on if you run it like that long enough but that's about it. Unfortunately, I don't think the nipple on top of the sending unit is made out of PVC. If you try to repair this, I might try using JB Weld instead.

Top Bottom