Cracked windshield

jdofmemi

I didn't even make it home with my JK before I had a chip and a crack.

The new JL cracked at about six weeks.

It's a Jeep thing

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
My windshield is cracked and looks sandblasted. I’ve been holding off it will be the second one. You guys just putting cheap ones back in or factory

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Eloucha

Exoshield I guess some student developed In Canadian university I wonder if some one try yet. ExoShield is a thin, transparent film that is applied on the exterior surface of a windshield. It has two key features

1. 6x Stone Chip Resistance

ExoShield is six times more resistant to stone chips than standard automotive glass, which means it can

prevent chips from most stones hitting your windshield as fast as 140 km/hr.

2. 99.9% UV Rejection

Your standard windshield only rejects 60-70% of UV radiation, a known skin-cancer risk. ExoShield protects

drivers by blocking out 99.9% of harmful skin-cancer causing UV rays.

ExoShield can be installed within 30 minutes with standard tools such as a glass cleaner, squeegee, paper towel,

standard utility knife, and spray bottle. Every ExoShield Basic film comes with detailed installation instructions, link to a

detailed installation guide video, and our phone number in case you have any questions while installing.

Environmentally Friendly Alternative

It takes over a million years for glass to degrade in a landfill, and every windshield produced emits 20kg of CO2 into the

environment. Every ExoShield produced emits 1/100th the amount! With an ExoShield protected windshield you’ll be

helping reduce landfill waste and CO2 emissions to protect our environment.

About ExoShield

ExoShield was developed by Alchemy at the University of Waterloo Canada’s Nanotechnology Engineering program,

the only program of its kind in North America. From design to manufacturing, we only use state-of- the-art

nanomaterials and high-quality components to manufacture ExoShield exclusively in Canada and the USA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eloucha

Exoshield I guess some student developed In Canadian university I wonder if some one try yet. ExoShield is a thin, transparent film that is applied on the exterior surface of a windshield. It has two key features

1. 6x Stone Chip Resistance

ExoShield is six times more resistant to stone chips than standard automotive glass, which means it can

prevent chips from most stones hitting your windshield as fast as 140 km/hr.

2. 99.9% UV Rejection

Your standard windshield only rejects 60-70% of UV radiation, a known skin-cancer risk. ExoShield protects

ExoShield can be installed within 30 minutes with standard tools such as a glass cleaner, squeegee, paper towel,

standard utility knife, and spray bottle. Every ExoShield Basic film comes with detailed installation instructions, link to a

detailed installation guide video, and our phone number in case you have any questions while installing.

Environmentally Friendly Alternative

It takes over a million years for glass to degrade in a landfill, and every windshield produced emits 20kg of CO2 into the

environment. Every ExoShield produced emits 1/100th the amount! With an ExoShield protected windshield you’ll be

helping reduce landfill waste and CO2 emissions to protect our environment.

About ExoShield

ExoShield was developed by Alchemy at the University of Waterloo Canada’s Nanotechnology Engineering program,

the only program of its kind in North America. From design to manufacturing, we only use state-of- the-art

nanomaterials and high-quality components to manufacture ExoShield exclusively in Canada and the USA.

IMG_3652.jpg

Stotch

Caught the Bug
2. 99.9% UV Rejection

I'm guessing that UV protection won't help me much with no top on :idontknow:

I'm only on my second windshield, but already have chips in it too. I just let them go until it won't pass inspection ;)

sm31

Gorilla glass is available, I know two guys running them right now. but time will tell.

It would be interesting to see some empirical testing with these windshields. Seems like it would be relatively easy to do... and make for an interesting youtube vid.

I have 3 cracks in my windshield currently but until one is directly in front of me, I'll keep driving it.

Brute

Hooked
Any try packing tape?...you may laugh, but back in the day we used it as screen protectors for our gauges while diving...dirt cheap

Bustedback

I just replaced my windshield a week ago and got a bullseye on my way to Moab. I’m just going start using wing nuts to hold the glass in from now on since I have gone through so many windshields.

Typed by my very own fat fingers on my iPad or iPhone.

USMC Wrangler

I’ve had this small crack going on two years waiting for it to get bigger. It cracked not long after the last one and I held off on getting a new WAL banner.

So, in hopes of moving this crack along, I ordered a new banner...X2! [emoji23] Hopefully my theory holds out. I’ll put the white banner on hoping it cracks not long after. Get the windshield replaced and install the red one. [emoji1303]

Disclaimer - A lot of thought went into this purchase. No matter what anyone says, I’m going through with my test!

Boudica

I put the cheap replacement in (I'm guessing that's the one without the cute little jeep decals) when it was time to get a new brake tag. My brother's in town this weekend and he got the Gorilla glass replacement- he told me yesterday that about two weeks after install it got hit by a large rock on the interstate, but there's only a small scratch to mark it. Bit more than what I want to spend on a windshield, but I guess time will tell.

Bustedback

Mopar is now offering Gorilla Glass replacement windshields for the JK. They have a two year warranty against chips and cracks. They retail at close to $600.

Typed by my very own fat fingers on my iPad or iPhone.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
My 2012 JKUR is on #5, but the MJ has gone nearly 5 years since the last crack and it’s my daily driver. Gotta be the rake of the w/s. Cept for one, the damage was all done on Interstates. Jeeps are not supposed to spend their lives on Interstates, so my bad.

Top Bottom