Cracked windshield

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
This is my third jeep and each one I'ved had to have the windshield replaced due to a crack. Is it the angle of the windshield that makes it so vulnerable?

Ajay

Yes it is. I only drove mine on trails mostly. Iv has a crack in the windshield for about 2 years and now I’m just like why replace I’ll wait tell it’s worse.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

87,000km and my original was replaced. Out of pocket just under $400.

Wow what a difference no longer looking through a screen door. Haha.

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
Has anyone replaced windshields themselves? Looked into it a while back but found it cheaper to have someone else do it.. but need it done again on the wk.. any input?

BaddestCross

fiend

Caught the Bug

BaddestCross

Around $200 is not too bad. Right now the crack is on the passenger side. So maybe I’ll wait and see what happens with it. [emoji38]

Lol. Mine cracked again on my way out to KOH this year. I waited to see how it would go, and it ended up looping from the bottom center to about the middle of the driver's side.

I'll see how long I can put up with it, but I'm thinking I'll wait until there's some real-world testing of the new Gorilla Glass replacement and might go for that if it looks like it's worth the money.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

USMC Wrangler

I can’t get this driver’s side crack to grow any bigger than a dime! I even put a new WAL banner on to speed it up. [emoji6]

On my way to work yesterday, the vehicle in front of me threw a rock at 65 MPH. It was one of those slow motion lobs and I watched it hit the windshield right next to the crack! [emoji44] No progress! I have a feeling when this one goes, it could be catastrophic. [emoji23]

The worst part is actually all of the tiny chips/sand blasting. I’m sure if I complained to State Farm I could get it swapped. I just know the next one will break soon after replacement. That’s been the theme so far.

jdofmemi

I hate those!

I remember one time I was driving and seen about a 2" tock on the road, in the other lane. There was a truck coming, I said to myself "That truck is going to hit that rock, and it's going to break my windshield"

What do you know, it happened just like that, and I watched it the whole way. Nothing I could have done was going to change the outcome.
My truck was only a few months old at the time.

Stotch

Caught the Bug
I hate those!

I remember one time I was driving and seen about a 2" tock on the road, in the other lane. There was a truck coming, I said to myself "That truck is going to hit that rock, and it's going to break my windshield"

What do you know, it happened just like that, and I watched it the whole way. Nothing I could have done was going to change the outcome.
My truck was only a few months old at the time.

I had a very similar experience. Except I was in a BMW 328i and instead of a rock it was a shredded truck tire... $3600 of damage.

jdofmemi

I had a very similar experience. Except I was in a BMW 328i and instead of a rock it was a shredded truck tire... $3600 of damage.

There's your problem, it was a Beemer.
If it was a Jeep, it would have been just a cracked windshield, $200

james2003w

Think my first jeep had 8 new windshields in the 4 years I owned it.

My current jeep, I believe is on the 3rd or 4th windshield. I did install the 'bug deflector' thing, and it seems to help (not just with bugs). I do about 90miles a day on the freeway 5 days a week.

Top Bottom