CrawlerConceptz

James720

Joining in for more pictures... I've been looking around like crazy and the Crawler Conceptz stuff looks to be what I will go with when I'm ready. I'm loving the front bumpers as well

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
View attachment 211235 View attachment 211236 View attachment 211237
I have the tire carrier and the rear bumper. They are great. Tire carrier holds my 37 no problem. Even took a big hit to the tire on a ledge and it held up great.
I also have the rear fender armor with flare delete set to go on. Gotta cover up that ding I got in right rear.

Is this the skinny series rear bumper? If so can we get some more pics? Some some a little further away? I'm going back and forth on Evo shackle mounts or the skinny series rear bumper...

JeepDrum

View attachment 211714

Does anyone else's tire carrier seem to tilt the tire away from the body?

I've been looking at purchasing this setup and saw in the installation video it has cam bolts on the mounts. Would it help if you adjusted the bottom mount to sit farther away from the tailgate? Just a thought, I've never seen the carrier in person.

Sullivan

Is this the skinny series rear bumper? If so can we get some more pics? Some some a little further away? I'm going back and forth on Evo shackle mounts or the skinny series rear bumper...

Yeah it's the skinny. I really like it. I just have to get rid of the god awful muffler back there. Here are a few pics. Let me know if you want more or something specific. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469803595.673342.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469803606.188948.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469803617.970756.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469803628.106034.jpg

This may be a stupid question, but it stems from my days of having a side-mounted spare on a '68 Jeepster that wreaked havoc on the body...

Shad's design of this carrier is really nice...I'm not trying to dig up dirt...just curious...

Is there any reinforcement on the inside? Is there any risk of the weight causing damage to the rear corner or separating the body seam? (adding the extra weight)

Honestly, its a cool setup...kinda makes me second guess my Rockbrawler II! :thumb:

Last edited:

MOOK

This may be a stupid question, but it stems from my days of having a side-mounted spare on a '68 Jeepster that wreaked havoc on the body...

Shad's design of this carrier is really nice...I'm not trying to dig up dirt...just curious...

Is there any reinforcement on the inside? Is there any risk of the weight causing damage to the rear corner or separating the body seam? (adding the extra weight)

Honestly, its a cool setup...kinda makes me second guess my Rockbrawler II! :thumb:

Curious about this as well

I'm currently seeking what other options I may have with my heavy setup. Personally would prefer the EVO carrier but I already have the PSC corners and don't want to hassle the change.. Anyone have thoughts if this carrier would handle 20in slabs with Nitto 40x1550s?

tgoss

I just installed one and can say there really isn't any internal support that is included, nor do I think it's truly necessary.

The hinge replacements are very stout. And seeing a bunch of guys run 40's on this carrier I really didn't think twice.

I can say after throwing it all together it's rock solid and way more stable than the poison spyder brawler II set up I had before. No more rattles and keeps the same ease of operation. Beyond that I was very happy to ditch the heavy rear bumper that went along with it.

28528647212_2f292121a0_b.jpg

Sullivan

Now I'm not an engineer or truely know enough to have some kind of stats about hat weights the hinge area can hold. But I know it uses the stock hinge area and the reinforcement plates on the inside. It also displaces some of the weight to the tramp stamp area when it is closed.
I can say that I have a 37" Nitto with 17" Method Beadlocks. It holds my setup just fine. I have wheeled it fairly hard and it has taken some big hits. I hit it so hard last weekend that I thought for sure I tore it off. I went to the back and it was fine. I actually removed the tire and did a check of everything and it was fine. The tire just rocked forward like it was supposed to do. It will hold a 40" tire fine also. I know CC has had a 40" on it for some time now and have no issues.
So not sure if this helps or not, but I am very confident in its performance.

Andy5160

Hooked
Does this carrier support Hi Lift Jack?
If yes is there a bracket for it? If yes please post some pictures

Thank you

Top Bottom