CrawlerConceptz

tgoss

What would be the price to powder coat it if done by the shop?

I got quoted $275 for all pieces and decided to rattle can it in my back yard for $25 with textured rustoleum. Makes for easy touch ups and matches the evo rear fascia perfectly.

JohnnyWest

Have one on the silver Jeep. Love it. Just went to CC today and picked up another one for the white Jeep. Also running their front and rear bumpers on it.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469860525.313817.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469860570.676334.jpg

Last edited:

JohnnyWest

Any chance of a photo from how you made the bracket for the Rotopax? I know you used the L-brackets but just to see from the other side how it's done behind the tire. Looks great!

Sorry, I forgot to get these to you when my son got home from college.

It's just a piece of 1/4" x 6" with the Rotopax L brackets welded on each side. It rests on top of the spare tire bracket and is through bolted using the top two holes on the carrier. Had we needed to go higher with the tire, we would've needed to drill new holes.
Just sprayed it with some bed liner paint.

Nothing special, but works well for what it is.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469900703.886712.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469900752.258397.jpg

Dubaibentzen

Sorry, I forgot to get these to you when my son got home from college.

It's just a piece of 1/4" x 6" with the Rotopax L brackets welded on each side. It rests on top of the spare tire bracket and is through bolted using the top two holes on the carrier. Had we needed to go higher with the tire, we would've needed to drill new holes.
Just sprayed it with some bed liner paint.

Nothing special, but works well for what it is.

View attachment 215135
View attachment 215136

Thanks a lot. Appreciate it. Know I know how to weld the L-brackets to the plate and how to attach it to the CC. Nice job, and it looks pretty straightforward.

MOOK

Does it have mounting option for an 8x6.5 lug?

Also anyone with 3.5 backspace or slabs have any issues with wheel bracket lug studs meeting the wheel?

I received word that the weight of my setup is no issue from CC. Only with how wide it may not reach

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Does it have mounting option for an 8x6.5 lug?

Also anyone with 3.5 backspace or slabs have any issues with wheel bracket lug studs meeting the wheel?

I received word that the weight of my setup is no issue from CC. Only with how wide it may not reach

Not sure on the backspace question but CC will do custom lug patterns are your request. To my knowledge you cannot buy one already configured for anything but 5x5.

AlStew

That's cool that they will do custom bolt patterns!

I have 3.5 BS on my B.A.D. wheels with no issues.

Also you have to install the wheel studs and there are multiple holes so you can most likely put an eight lug wheel on there without custom fabrication.

COLOJK

Has anyone had the issue of the two cam bolts rusting on the hinges? Mine has only been installed for a month or so and there is already surface rust on just those two bolts.

Has anyone had the issue of the two cam bolts rusting on the hinges? Mine has only been installed for a month or so and there is already surface rust on just those two bolts.
I do on the actual cam itself. I wore the paint of adjusting it im sure. Now that theyre where i need them, im just gonna paint them in place.

COLOJK

I do on the actual cam itself. I wore the paint of adjusting it im sure. Now that theyre where i need them, im just gonna paint them in place.

That's what I was thinking is that it has to be from tightening them. Thanks for the input

Top Bottom