Creaking clutch on 2012 Jeep Wrangler

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I will do that, I was also thinking of changing the rear lines out to new ones. what length/ type would you recommend for the bolt on's?

I'm just using the ones that came with the kit and I've re-routed them so I'm not sure what length to recommend.

rich67

Caught the Bug
Here's an update to this old thread on what has been happening with my Wrangler. I have experienced it all- the rattle in neutral, the squeaking in the transmission when the clutch pedal is released/depressed, the squeaky clutch pedal, and the slave that went out and my pedal went to the floor.
So I have had my throwout bearing replaced three times (all under warranty), and the clutch slave replaced (not in warranty), and the neutral rattle is gone. The other week, the pedal started creaking again. I'm thinking the slave is going to take a dump again, but the last repair was warrantied for a year, so if it does, I will be covered.
After multiple visits to the dealer I have also had the clutch fork replaced. The last time they went into the tranny they said the clutch looks great. I have resigned myself to the fact that the manual transmission in its stock form is terrible, and I am going to drive it until the clutch goes, then replace it with a good aftermarket setup. It's just very frustrating dealing with all these issues on a relatively new (under 46k miles) vehicle.
I love driving a manual, but all these issues have me wanting to jump to an auto.

Here's an update to this old thread on what has been happening with my Wrangler. I have experienced it all- the rattle in neutral, the squeaking in the transmission when the clutch pedal is released/depressed, the squeaky clutch pedal, and the slave that went out and my pedal went to the floor.
So I have had my throwout bearing replaced three times (all under warranty), and the clutch slave replaced (not in warranty), and the neutral rattle is gone. The other week, the pedal started creaking again. I'm thinking the slave is going to take a dump again, but the last repair was warrantied for a year, so if it does, I will be covered.
After multiple visits to the dealer I have also had the clutch fork replaced. The last time they went into the tranny they said the clutch looks great. I have resigned myself to the fact that the manual transmission in its stock form is terrible, and I am going to drive it until the clutch goes, then replace it with a good aftermarket setup. It's just very frustrating dealing with all these issues on a relatively new (under 46k miles) vehicle.
I love driving a manual, but all these issues have me wanting to jump to an auto.

I've had all the same issues with my '13 manual.
Clutch Pedal Spring greased.
Throwout Bearings replaced twice.
Input Shaft Bearings replaced.
Shift Fork assembly replaced.
Shifter replaced.
Slave Cylinder replaced.

All under warranty. Pretty disappointed in all the issues (and these are just the transmission ones), but thankful I got the extended warranty. Hate to say it, but without it... I wouldn't have this thing anymore.

Stotch

Caught the Bug
I've had a clutch creak lately, but it is coming from the master cylinder (inside the cab above the pedal). Anyone with experience changing this part out have advice? I already ordered a new master cylinder, but I just came across this thread today.

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Flushed my brake fluid and the creaking went away. I'll probably keep the master cylinder around just in case, but if your having trouble always flush first!

Top Bottom