CrippledPetey Build Thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well as most of you know I have been dealing with Chrysler, issues with my motor and trying to figure out what’s next for my Jeep. I haven’t really posted a lot about what’s going on but some of you already know. It looks like I will be getting rid of my Jeep and buying a new 2015 and starting over. Chrysler has agreed to buy back my Jeep but will not allow me to keep any parts off of it.

:bleh: JUST KIDDING!! :bleh:

Actually the first couple sentences are true but I will not be getting rid of my Jeep…not anytime soon and most likely ever. So I have been working on the next evolution. As I continue down the path I will be making some minor changes to the drivetrain over the next few weeks.

First we will be pulling the old 3.6L out and doing a bunch of maintenance to the Jeep. It will get all new heim joints, rebuilt King shocks, pressure washing, fresh paint, and a bunch more.

This will all be done while we wait for the a few parts to show up:

LS3 - 376/480
View attachment 149639

6L80e - 6 Speed
View attachment 149640

Trail Worthy Fab 3-Speed Transfer Case (1:1, 2.78:1,4.33:1)
View attachment 149641

The next few weeks / months will definitely be exciting, stressful and the anticipation will probably drive me crazy. I would like to thank everyone that offered advice, and leads on parts while I was in limbo. I would also like to thank XJWilson’s on here and Robbie at MoTech for all the help going forward with this swap!

Congrats. ;)

The next few weeks / months will definitely be exciting, stressful and the anticipation will probably drive me crazy. I would like to thank everyone that offered advice, and leads on parts while I was in limbo. I would also like to thank XJWilson’s on here and Robbie at MoTech for all the help going forward with this swap![/QUOTE]

I can't wait to get started on the swap. It's going to be a lot of work but that's the fun part. When we get yours done my LS swap in the XJ will be a piece of cake.

Two words Jason,,,, HOLY CRAP!!! I think that power train will suit your driving style perfectly :yup:

The next few weeks / months will definitely be exciting, stressful and the anticipation will probably drive me crazy. I would like to thank everyone that offered advice, and leads on parts while I was in limbo. I would also like to thank XJWilson’s on here and Robbie at MoTech for all the help going forward with this swap

I can't wait to get started on the swap. It's going to be a lot of work but that's the fun part. When we get yours done my LS swap in the XJ will be a piece of cake.

Well I hope everything goes smooth for you. I won't be to far behind doing one also. Hopefully you'll want to do another one after Jason's.

Wow what a project! Can't wait to see it all come back together, good luck my friend let me know if I can help in any way :thumb:

Sucks they wouldn't fix it, but that's an exciting "upgrade"!

Just out of curiosity, going from the 3.6 to a V-8 upgrade, does that require re-gearing generally? Sorry for the newb question on this awesome build thread.

Just out of curiosity, going from the 3.6 to a V-8 upgrade, does that require re-gearing generally? Sorry for the newb question on this awesome build thread.

No I won't have to re-gear my axles they will stay at 5.38's. I did however replace the transmission and transfer case which will be different internal gearing (shift points and 4wd).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom