Currie rear 60 vs Dynatrac Rear 60

OscarMike2.0

That explains it. You need to find a friend who is a distributor for Dynatrac too so you can get a fair comparison :)

Like others have said though, if you go with a PR44 or a Currie RJ44 front you may be better off just upgrading the shafts in your rear 44 and locking it. I went to the PR60 Semifloat rear just because my buddy who bought my front axle wanted my rear too and rather than regear it to match my new front it was only ~1,500 more to upgrade to a 60. My logic sucks but I sold myself on it that day ;-)

If you compare the two, your rear 44 has a smaller R&P yes. But it is low pinion. The HP rear 60 is stronger but not a ton stronger. Folks can still manage to break them. I would say for sure the bracketry is stronger, shafts are bigger, etc etc on the Dynatrac rear 60 but it is still semifloat and the weak link is bending a shaft. Some days I still wonder why I didnt just go FF when I did it or keep my stock 44. Next time I would do one of the two. Or go in the middle and get a Solid Axle rear HP FF with ARB for $5k. There are tons of options. Just my 2c.

Idk how im gonna find a friend who can get me that kinda deal from Dynatrac lol. Im open for anyone to pm me tho!!!

What size tires are you running and have you broken anything yet? The nicest thing I could get would be the dynatrac semi float with the upgraded housing. Just cant afford a FF...... Hope everybody understands that!!!!!!

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Call me if you ever want to go full float i might have a home for your 60 :rock:

its 2k man, spend the extra 2/4/6 months saving.

It may be sooner than later no road... Im working on a new project and it needs PR60 front and PR60 FF rear if not an 80. If I do you will be good to go for you as I already have the D60 EVO Rockstars and EVO Trackbar bracket for my bolt on coilovers on it.

thardy

Banned
I just cant justify spending money on the stock axle. I think it would be fine for a 2 door but for a heavy 4 door I think the bigger housing and bigger R&P make more sense.

Will, dude, you have seen EVOlander right? Your argument makes absolutely no sense right now.

noroad

It may be sooner than later noroad... Im working on a new project and it needs PR60 front and PR60 FF rear if not an 80. If I do you will be good to go for you as I already have the D60 EVO Rockstars and EVO Trackbar bracket for my bolt on coilovers on it.

Sounds good to me man! keep me posted!

OscarMike2.0

also i think you would be more concerned with that 30 and 37s then a 60 in the back.

I already have a plan worked out for the front. Already have the funds for the front saving for the rear now. I plan on buying them together to get a better deal in early september. (Decided this about 15 seconds ago)

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Idk how im gonna find a friend who can get me that kinda deal from Dynatrac lol. Im open for anyone to pm me tho!!!

What size tires are you running and have you broken anything yet? The nicest thing I could get would be the dynatrac semi float with the upgraded housing. Just cant afford a FF...... Hope everybody understands that!!!!!!

I run 37" Toyo Open Countrys. I have never broken anything but maybe I don't wheel hard enough :)

My one buddy runs same tires. He did manage to bend an axle shaft in his PR60 rear which really surprised us and also Dynatrac. They overnighted him a new one! They just wanted old one back when convenient to figure out what issue was.

OscarMike2.0

I run 37" Toyo Open Countrys. I have never broken anything but maybe I don't wheel hard enough :)

My one buddy runs same tires. He did manage to bend an axle shaft in his PR60 rear which really surprised us and also Dynatrac. They overnighted him a new one! They just wanted old one back when convenient to figure out what issue was.

Hmm well the toyos are a very heavy tire. That could be it.

noroad

I already have a plan worked out for the front. Already have the funds for the front saving for the rear now. I plan on buying them together to get a better deal in early september. (Decided this about 15 seconds ago)

so call dynatrac or evo or Northridge and see if they can make you a good deal

thardy

Banned
Yea I have. I want the extra security with a rear 60! How does that not make sense. Im gonna call NR4x4 Tomorrow and get a quote.

I understand your desire for extra security, but if you're doing it purely for extra security, why not delay the purchase of the rear a little until you can afford the PR60? The part I don't understand is that once you ditch the 30, you will have a rig that will be perfectly capable of handling most of what you'll throw at it. Then save for the better rear. My opinion would be to get the front (PR44) and save until you can afford the PR60.

I think your pricing for the Dynatrac axle is too high, and the pricing for the Currie axle looks a bit low. I won’t try to quote someone else’s product here, but I can tell you about Dynatrac. $4990 will get you a Dynatrac Trail Series 60 that includes: ARB, 35 spl, ratio choice, and ProRock upgrade, billet ABS tone rings, and billet retainer, 1350 yoke, and the 68.5” width option. Give Dan a call at x-216 for a quote.

You can re-use stock JK brakes if you wish, or order new brakes with the assembly. Our new ProGrip JK Brake upgrade is very popular right now.

We have examined every other axle made for a JK, and are confident that we can beat anybody on quality, durability, performance, and service. Generally when comparing apples to apples ProRocks are only slightly more expensive. Getting apples to apples quotes can be tough, but we will help you.

Here is why Dynatrac is the better deal.
• The ProRock 60 absolutely has the most ground clearance of all Dana 60 housings. NO exceptions! Its design has a US Patent.
• The ProRock has the highest level of housing rigidity. Five webs are cast into the housing for unmatched rigidity in supporting the pinion and reducing gear deflection. ProRocks do not exhibit fatigue fractures in the housing belly after harsh use like other housings.
• Dynatrac specializes in Dana 60’s. We don’t spend time on lift kits, bumpers, 9” Fords, transfer cases or anything else. All the R&D goes into being the best, not just good. Axles are our flagship product.
• Dynatrac makes our housings, castings, shafts and forgings in the USA, NOT China and India as others do. American metallurgy and process control is the very best in the world. Third world nations may be cheap but they are 20 years behind. Quality requires effort and experience, not a shipping container. Axles are the most important investment in 4x4, wise buyers should ask and care where their parts come from.
• OEM Housing construction. We use only full factory press fits. No butt-welds, sleeves in the tubes or screws holding your tubes in pace.
• Dynatrac offers the best warranty in the industry that actually serves you if you need it. Service not Excuses. Our industry leading 1-year warranty backs it all up. Dynatrac provides a 12 month unlimited mileage written warranty on the entire axle assembly. If you can break it, we will fix it.
• Dynatrac offers best in the industry customer service. Especially AFTER the sale. We know that you’ll need to maintain your Dynatrac axle. With service in mind, many of our service parts (like brake pads, calipers, bearings and seals) are available at your local auto parts supplier. We also stamp every assembly with an identification number that will tell us how your assembly was built and what parts we used. We have that info for every axle we’ve every built. We can identify the parts you may need to service your Dynatrac assembly into the future.
• The welding, fit and finish of your ProRock will be better than any other axle out there. Don’t take our word for it, ask around.

Kalums

And there you have it. Well done Dynatrac!

X2 this is why when I get the funds I'm going with the PR44 front..... Undeniable excellence. 2 guys I work with have Dynatrac axles neither of them have had a problem Dynatrac hasn't either fixed (under warranty) or been able to tell them what they needed and how to fix it (after warranty). Just my 0.02

mackey

What Dynatrac just said. Can't argue that. I also once looked into Currie to save money. Like Eddie said, you get what you pay for. Someone previously spoke of the Ultra 4 guys using Currie. I guarantee you they are not using the standard Currie you are looking at. I know Tony Pellegrino uses Currie and we all know he races hard. But he has also done a crap load of add ons and improvements to his Currie axles. Dynatrac axles are ready to go once you get them. Nothing ruins a trip more than a break on the middle of a trail. Sometimes in life you just need to pay a tad bit extra just for the comfort and security of knowing you won't have to worry about breaking.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I think your pricing for the Dynatrac axle is too high, and the pricing for the Currie axle looks a bit low. I won’t try to quote someone else’s product here, but I can tell you about Dynatrac. $4990 will get you a Dynatrac Trail Series 60 that includes: ARB, 35 spl, ratio choice, and ProRock upgrade, billet ABS tone rings, and billet retainer, 1350 yoke, and the 68.5” width option. Give Dan a call at x-216 for a quote.

You can re-use stock JK brakes if you wish, or order new brakes with the assembly. Our new ProGrip JK Brake upgrade is very popular right now.

We have examined every other axle made for a JK, and are confident that we can beat anybody on quality, durability, performance, and service. Generally when comparing apples to apples ProRocks are only slightly more expensive. Getting apples to apples quotes can be tough, but we will help you.

•The ProRock 60 absolutely has the most ground clearance of all Dana 60 housings. NO exceptions! Its design has a US Patent.
•The ProRock has the highest level of housing rigidity. Five webs are cast into the housing for unmatched rigidity in supporting the pinion and reducing gear deflection. ProRocks do not exhibit fatigue fractures in the housing belly after harsh use like other housings.
•Dynatrac specializes in Dana 60’s. We don’t spend time on lift kits, bumpers, 9” Fords, transfer cases or anything else. All the R&D goes into being the best, not just good. Axles are our flagship product.
•Dynatrac makes our housings, castings, shafts and forgings in the USA, NOT China and India as others do. American metallurgy and process control is the very best in the world. Third world nations may be cheap but they are 20 years behind. Quality requires effort and experience, not a shipping container. Axles are the most important investment in 4x4, wise buyers should ask and care where their parts come from.
•OEM Housing construction. We use only full factory press fits. No butt-welds, sleeves in the tubes or screws holding your tubes in pace.
•Dynatrac offers the best warranty in the industry that actually serves you if you need it. Service not Excuses. Our industry leading 1-year warranty backs it all up. Dynatrac provides a 12 month unlimited mileage written warranty on the entire axle assembly. If you can break it, we will fix it.
•Dynatrac offers best in the industry customer service. Especially AFTER the sale. We know that you’ll need to maintain your Dynatrac axle. With service in mind, many of our service parts (like brake pads, calipers, bearings and seals) are available at your local auto parts supplier. We also stamp every assembly with an identification number that will tell us how your assembly was built and what parts we used. We have that info for every axle we’ve every built. We can identify the parts you may need to service your Dynatrac assembly into the future.
•The welding, fit and finish of your ProRock will be better than any other axle out there. Don’t take our word for it, ask around.

For the win!

OscarMike2.0

• The ProRock 60 absolutely has the most ground clearance of all Dana 60 housings. NO exceptions! Its design has a US Patent.
• The ProRock has the highest level of housing rigidity. Five webs are cast into the housing for unmatched rigidity in supporting the pinion and reducing gear deflection. ProRocks do not exhibit fatigue fractures in the housing belly after harsh use like other housings.
• Dynatrac specializes in Dana 60’s. We don’t spend time on lift kits, bumpers, 9” Fords, transfer cases or anything else. All the R&D goes into being the best, not just good. Axles are our flagship product.
• Dynatrac makes our housings, castings, shafts and forgings in the USA, NOT China and India as others do. American metallurgy and process control is the very best in the world. Third world nations may be cheap but they are 20 years behind. Quality requires effort and experience, not a shipping container. Axles are the most important investment in 4x4, wise buyers should ask and care where their parts come from.
• OEM Housing construction. We use only full factory press fits. No butt-welds, sleeves in the tubes or screws holding your tubes in pace.
• Dynatrac offers the best warranty in the industry that actually serves you if you need it. Service not Excuses. Our industry leading 1-year warranty backs it all up. Dynatrac provides a 12 month unlimited mileage written warranty on the entire axle assembly. If you can break it, we will fix it.
• Dynatrac offers best in the industry customer service. Especially AFTER the sale. We know that you’ll need to maintain your Dynatrac axle. With service in mind, many of our service parts (like brake pads, calipers, bearings and seals) are available at your local auto parts supplier. We also stamp every assembly with an identification number that will tell us how your assembly was built and what parts we used. We have that info for every axle we’ve every built. We can identify the parts you may need to service your Dynatrac assembly into the future.
• The welding, fit and finish of your ProRock will be better than any other axle out there. Don’t take our word for it, ask around.

If I can get it for that price im sold. Ill give you a call tomorrow.

Top Bottom