Cutting fender flares.

desertrunner

I think a sawzall is a bit more violent to control and a bit more bulky. The dremel was easy to control just gotta use a good cutting blade. But everyone has their preferences if you were gonna cut try using either tool on a fender to see what works best for you.

I used a dremmil a jig saw and an angle grinder the angle grinder was by far the easiest out of those

channa371

I still need to cut mine. Your welcome to come over and we can have a fender trimming party. Idaho is only a hop, skip and jump from Kansas :)

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428531582.060872.jpg

Tempting. I'd probably have to take leave though for that fender trimming party. Considering its 19 hours lol. And yes, when I put in the location I simply wrote "Idaho." Haha

2Cross

Caught the Bug
I've done it twice. Best mod. Took about 2 hours the first time and just over an hour the second time.
There are lots of videos on YouTube on how to do it. The WAL write up was definitely very helpful and I used it's the first time.

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
How about using a zig saw for cutting the fenders. You can control speed and should be easy to guide.

How about using a zig saw for cutting the fenders. You can control speed and should be easy to guide.

I did mine with a jig saw - piece of cake, make sure you have a good layer of tape to protect the keeper side of the fender.

Spartan

I think a sawzall is a bit more violent to control and a bit more bulky. The dremel was easy to control just gotta use a good cutting blade. But everyone has their preferences if you were gonna cut try using either tool on a fender to see what works best for you.

Eddies write up that someone already posted a link to in this thread has you using a dremel.

Spartan

I still need to cut mine. Your welcome to come over and we can have a fender trimming party. Idaho is only a hop, skip and jump from Kansas :)

If you where in Southern ID I would come over this weekend for a fender cutting party.

JK2DR

I really want to cut my fenders but i think it will leave too big of gap in the fender

Attachments

• 1428550008776.jpg
    1428550008776.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 313
Top Bottom