Dana 30 vs Dana 44

rockcrawler26

I might have skipped over the answer. But what's the best way to tell if you have a Dana 44 front end instead of a Dana 30? I have a 2009 JK Unlimited X but as I was switching out the bushings for my suspension I noticed my drive shaft was aftermarket which made me think that my front axle might be upgraded as well.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I might have skipped over the answer. But what's the best way to tell if you have a Dana 44 front end instead of a Dana 30? I have a 2009 JK Unlimited X but as I was switching out the bushings for my suspension I noticed my drive shaft was aftermarket which made me think that my front axle might be upgraded as well.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

they have different diff covers. the 30 is rounder

jkugeza

I'm walking/talking proof of what Eddie is talking about. With all the money I spent trying to "beef up" my D30 front, I could've easily bought a D60. In the long run I wound up basically paying for 2 front axles. Only thing I succeeded in doing was making that D30 look pretty.

Sent from my DROID4 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I also was looking at doing up my dana 30, what do you run in the front now? 44? or did you get a 60?

Top Bottom