Dana Ultimate 44- FINALLY!!

Clarkjeepin96

I ordered a Dana Ultimate 44 after getting an amazing deal on one. Was here within 3 days and under the Jeep in 4! Very happy with this choice as the C’s are WAY beefier, brackets are way thicker, and housing is super nice. Never had a 44 up front so it’s been a long time coming especially on 37’s LOL. I will be at the All Women’s wheeling day event at the Badlands in Indiana on May 1st if anyone would like to meet up

Attachments

• 19370496-072F-49B4-9E5E-1B958A6FB5EF.jpeg
    19370496-072F-49B4-9E5E-1B958A6FB5EF.jpeg
    263.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 040A405D-0FFF-403A-8B62-811D92B12DF7.jpeg
    040A405D-0FFF-403A-8B62-811D92B12DF7.jpeg
    205.3 KB · Views: 29

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome!! I've been impressed with what I've been seeing on the new Dana UD axles. So amazing that you were able to get it so quickly too.

Clarkjeepin96

Awesome!! I've been impressed with what I've been seeing on the new Dana UD axles. So amazing that you were able to get it so quickly too.
I agree! And the price point was unreal. Very good value for the money. Loving the new layout of WAYALIFE, you guys did a great job! FYI, if y’all ever come out East, let me know as I’d love to meet and wheel with ya

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I agree! And the price point was unreal. Very good value for the money. Loving the new layout of WAYALIFE, you guys did a great job! FYI, if y’all ever come out East, let me know as I’d love to meet and wheel with ya
Oh yeah, it's a great value especially compared to the competition.

Glad you like the new layout and it would be great to meet you some day :)

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Nice! Thinking of going this direction.
Trying to put together a cost comparison. This is a Non-Rubicon.
DT trail leader. Front PR44 with the rear ARB Locker,35 spline shafts and diff cover= $6500 + tax, shipping and waiting.
UD 44 with Factory Mopar E-Locker = $4300 Dana rear diff cover= $122 Not sure how to piece the rear together. Which locker and shafts would I need ? I assume I want 35 spline. Any suggestions.
Also I'm pretty sure I could go ARB locker on the UD for probably $500 more. ( just guessing). I do have a dual ARB compressor under the hood. I ask this because some of you are liking the E-locker. Thanks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice! Thinking of going this direction.
Trying to put together a cost comparison. This is a Non-Rubicon.
DT trail leader. Front PR44 with the rear ARB Locker,35 spline shafts and diff cover= $6500 + tax, shipping and waiting.
UD 44 with Factory Mopar E-Locker = $4300 Dana rear diff cover= $122 Not sure how to piece the rear together. Which locker and shafts would I need ? I assume I want 35 spline. Any suggestions.
Also I'm pretty sure I could go ARB locker on the UD for probably $500 more. ( just guessing). I do have a dual ARB compressor under the hood. I ask this because some of you are liking the E-locker. Thanks
Honestly, if it were me, I would save your money and stick with the e-lockers. I used to love ARB's but have come to not like them as much in recent years. I really hate the constant air leak issues from the locker itself that I've been having with them.

As far as shafts go, 35 splines are stronger for sure and being that you have a non-Rubicon, will be a good fit for the rear. What's nice is that both shafts will be the same length too.

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Honestly, if it were me, I would save your money and stick with the e-lockers. I used to love ARB's but have come to not like them as much in recent years. I really hate the constant air leak issues from the locker itself that I've been having with them.

As far as shafts go, 35 splines are stronger for sure and being that you have a non-Rubicon, will be a good fit for the rear. What's nice is that both shafts will be the same length too.
Forgive my lack of knowledge on the rear diff . Does the locker determine the spline count? Any locker you would recommend? Haha I guess I'm asking you to tell me what to buy. :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Forgive my lack of knowledge on the rear diff . Does the locker determine the spline count? Any locker you would recommend? Haha I guess I'm asking you to tell me what to buy. :)
You should be able to order up a locker for the spline count you need. For sure you can get an ARB in a Dana 44 with a 35 spline count as I have done it but I would think you could for a e-locker as well. I believe Eaton makes it.

Top Bottom