Dcbjk's build thread and picture diary of D-day 2.0

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
So Im happy to announce as of last Tuesday Me and long time friend of mind spent roughly 3 hours and installed the Kings on D-day2.0 LOVE them So far
20181202_143007.jpg
20181202_142916.jpg
20181202_142946.jpg
BUT have one slight question for everybody the front shocks according to directions it mentioned tightening the top mount til bout 1/8" to 3/16" of threads are exposed sp as to not overtighten the top bushings.......
However when we done that to the point we measured it the shocks were loose so we tighten them little more bout 3-4 extra turns and they felt tighter.
Now after riding home that day I noticed the reservoir had turnt from being closer to coil to resting the hose onto the frame. Dont know what to do. Heres some pics for reference.
20181202_142927.jpg
20181202_143014.jpg
So I need some advice on where to go from here.

Sent from my LG-US701 using WAYALIFE mobile app

USMC Wrangler

Awesome! I can’t answer your question with any certainty. It seems to me if they are loose and spinning, tighten them down more.

wjtstudios

Hooked
So Im happy to announce as of last Tuesday Me and long time friend of mind spent roughly 3 hours and installed the Kings on D-day2.0 LOVE them So far
View attachment 315552
View attachment 315553
View attachment 315554
BUT have one slight question for everybody the front shocks according to directions it mentioned tightening the top mount til bout 1/8" to 3/16" of threads are exposed sp as to not overtighten the top bushings.......
However when we done that to the point we measured it the shocks were loose so we tighten them little more bout 3-4 extra turns and they felt tighter.
Now after riding home that day I noticed the reservoir had turnt from being closer to coil to resting the hose onto the frame. Dont know what to do. Heres some pics for reference.
View attachment 315557
View attachment 315558
So I need some advice on where to go from here.

Mine did that as well. I could tighten one of them down to stop it, the passenger side I had to zip tie the frame to get it to stop. that was almost two years ago, no issues since.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Mine did that as well. I could tighten one of them down to stop it, the passenger side I had to zip tie the frame to get it to stop. that was almost two years ago, no issues since.

Do you think you could find or send me a pic of what you did
When I talked to Kings they mentioned the plastic sleeve that the bushings come on removing the plastic sleeve would solve my problem
Im gonna at least give that a try today
Awesome! I can’t answer your question with any certainty. It seems to me if they are loose and spinning, tighten them down more.
Thanks bro they are awesome I just wanna fix that ome thing so I dont have to check and move em back into position every so often.
I remember seeing a discussion thread on this a couple months ago but I can't find it. This is a common occurrence with the king shocks.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app
I hope you find it man Im open for advice

Coop

Caught the Bug
I think everybody has had a similar problem with this. I had to remove the plastic crush sleeves to get them tightened enough not to rotate. As a matter of fact I could not get them tight at all with the sleeves left on. You want to make sure the rubber bushings are squeezed out a bit.

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
So I hate the long breaks from posting but life has been hauling absolute a$$ lately especially with the holidays and our little Sydney turning 1yr January 25th.
So update on D-day2.0 santa(my wife) was very good to D-day this year
I got a
Rock Crawler HD Tie Rod
Rugged Ridge multi mount for my phone
Anerican Flag tail light cover/guards
A lockable gas cap cover
Chemicals Guys Black on Black
Last but not least Chemical Guys Signature Scent odor eleminator
So no pics yet but Ill some up ASAP in other news Im battling an MPG issue so as of September of last year D-day has slowly been losing MPG bout 1mpg per month so I decided to do a full tune up I will create a thread/write up on how i did it

bigmase33

Not a fan of the rugged ridge phone mount, the rubber clips on the ends of mine snapped off during my second month of use. I was driving on the highway and hit a bump, phone hit my girl in the boobies. Be delicate when taking your phone on and off of it!

Top Bottom