Dcbjk's build thread and picture diary of D-day 2.0

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Congrats on the kiddo! [emoji322] [emoji322]

I've never had any of those shocks, so I'm no help. Also, I hate rust so I live in Arizona! [emoji16]

Thanks bud I’m loving being a dad completely different experience when you get to pass down all you to your very own
Also to update everyone still wasn’t able to break loose the toe adjuster on my tie rod and don’t know where to turn but my toe has to be corrected somehow or another

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks bud I’m loving being a dad completely different experience when you get to pass down all you to your very own
Also to update everyone still wasn’t able to break loose the toe adjuster on my tie rod and don’t know where to turn but my toe has to be corrected somehow or another

You can get a whole tie rod assembly from Crown for about 100 bucks. Might even be able to get it through our Amazon section here.

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Did a small touch up mod on D-day hopefully it’ll last and I don’t have re do every so often
IMG_5293.JPG
Small mods here and there the dad Wayalife
Cheers to all

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
So went and visited one of Jeep buds Reelsilly haven’t seen him in awhile got a few poser pics he had upgraded a few things
Had to catch up with him
IMG_5369.jpg

avstec

Just read your the whole thread. First off congrats on being a Dad.🍺. And secondly your Jeep is looking great and as others have stated, you can pick up a stock tie rod pretty cheap or better yet upgrade to a beefier one😉

Sent from my Pixel using WAYALIFE mobile app

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Just read your the whole thread. First off congrats on being a Dad.[emoji481]. And secondly your Jeep is looking great and as others have stated, you can pick up a stock tie rod pretty cheap or better yet upgrade to a beefier one[emoji6]

Sent from my Pixel using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks bud really enjoying it and as of right now it’s gonna be a good while til the budget allows me to get another tie rod and for right now D-day is riding good for now

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
So first off been long while since I posted but haven’t had anything to post about lately until now
I have pulled my last string on my death wobble and finally got my tie rod turn knuckle loose and adjusted my toe and measured and this is where she sits
76 1/2 on front of front tire
76 5/8 on back of front tire
hopefully this last link in the chain for fixing this DW because that puts my difference at 1/8” will update soon as I drive her home
Thank you Eddie and all the community for your advice in helping me with this DW

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
So the drive home was flawless I pray that I finally have killed this DW for good only time will tell
Again thank you everybody for your input on helping with my issues

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
So the drive home was flawless I pray that I finally have killed this DW for good only time will tell
Again thank you everybody for your input on helping with my issues

Hopefully that fixed it. I know the feeling of taking that test drive and waiting for the shakes to happen haha.

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
So first off I know it’s been about a month since I’ve updated y’all with D-day but life has been very busy lately but great.
So the only updates I have is I scored a set of JKS quicker disconnects for the front and moved my EVO links to the rear love em much easier to disconnect now.
I also scored a set of Rubicon shocks off a 2014 for free as well and rear coils to replace my stock coils
My rear and front shocks were terrible I collapsed them and it took two to three days before they extended back out.
IMG_5493.jpg IMG_5496.JPG
D-day since funds have been tight this is the way D-day will sit until I save up some more so I’m always on the look out for good deals. D-day rides and drives so much better although aftermarket would be like a Cadillac but for now this will work.
Will try and post pics of flexing soon as I can
Cheers to all

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
So I finally got a chance to get out on the farm and stretch out D-day since I installed the leveling and the Rubicon shocks so far everything looks good however I believe I may not have enough bumpstop in the 2nd pic the tire touched the fender well and there maybe a 1/4-1/2” of space left before hitting the bumpstop

IMG_5583.JPG
IMG_5585.JPG IMG_5588.JPG

Possibly thinking that some extended brake lines and added bumpstop maybe in near future
Hope y’all enjoyed the pics cheers to all

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So I finally got a chance to get out on the farm and stretch out D-day since I installed the leveling and the Rubicon shocks so far everything looks good however I believe I may not have enough bumpstop in the 2nd pic the tire touched the fender well and there maybe a 1/4-1/2” of space left before hitting the bumpstop

View attachment 300435
View attachment 300436 View attachment 300437

Possibly thinking that some extended brake lines and added bumpstop maybe in near future
Hope y’all enjoyed the pics cheers to all

If you can Dave can you get some better pics of the tire stuffed. Also take pics of your springs/bumpstops so we can look.

As for brake lines a cheaper way might be to get brake line drop brackets since you didn’t lift it to much if you worried about them

Top Bottom