Defense Mine Cummings Cutoff Trail Run

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Here are a few that I took off the camera quick. I am headed to bed now to try and catch up on some of that sleep that I missed out on. ;) I'll upload the rest tomorrow.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Few more from my phone.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1366788676.338443.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1366788729.321481.jpg

Tessa needed some shut eye after a long day.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1366788773.884939.jpg

51 hours, 7 hours of sleep and 738.5 miles. Good way to spend a Saturday!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1366788818.418278.jpg

Last edited:

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Awesome pictures, and looks like a great time. Well not the carnage.:) wish I could have made it.:eek:

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

JeepFan

Hooked
Me and Steph had a great time with everyone on this adventure! We hope to get out to this area again and do some more exploring. So much out there to see! :yup: Here are a few shots Steph got of this awesome trail... Enjoy!!!

053.jpg 054.jpg 057.jpg 068.jpg 069.jpg 070.jpg 074.jpg 076.jpg 087.jpg 109.jpg 115.jpg 127.jpg 142.jpg 143.jpg 145.jpg 147.jpg 148.jpg 150.jpg 155.jpg 156.jpg

StrizzyChris

wow great pics from everyone. Looks like a great time

What drive shaft was that? I'm guessing it got pretty hung up and would have been damaged no matter what brand. And are those stock axle shaft that broke on TrailBuds rig?

MTG

Caught the Bug
wow great pics from everyone. Looks like a great time

What drive shaft was that? I'm guessing it got pretty hung up and would have been damaged no matter what brand. And are those stock axle shaft that broke on TrailBuds rig?

I'm pretty sure he has pro rock 60s.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Badass!!!!!!!!!!

How did he break? Was he trying to go over that wall?

Not 100% sure what happened there but, for one reason or another, it looked like the tire clipped the edge of the wall. It was a hard hit and hard enough for me to hear it bark a block away but, if you look at the break, you can see where it had already been fractured and starting to rust. When you play hard enough and long enough with 40x15.50's like he has, it's hard to imagine how a break like this hadn't happened sooner. Again, I just call it lucky that it happened here and not on the trail.

Ray slipped off a line and essentially spun his shaft on a big pointy rock. I should note, the shaft didn't break so much as just got damaged. He was still able to use it to finish up the trail. Oh, it was a Coast but, this would of happened to any shaft.

Rascal Rubi

This weekend/Defense Mine run with our good friends was awesome. Here’s a few pics.

Sadie Jo kicking it!
IMG_2877.jpg
IMG_2878.jpg
Tony checking out the small mine at the start of the trail.
IMG_2880.jpg
IMG_2884.jpg
Sadie Jo surveying the Trail.
IMG_2887.jpg
Don and Ray posing while Moochie climbs up the waterfall.
IMG_2893.jpg
Moochie climbing to the top. :thumb::thumb:
IMG_2896.jpg
Ray and Doug keeping cool!
IMG_2905.jpg
Don, Sadie Jo and I.
IMG_2908.jpg
The Defense Mine.
IMG_2910.jpg
Going in!!:standing wave::standing wave:
IMG_2948.jpg
IMG_2913.jpg
I think I found a ghost in the Mine! :eek::eek:
IMG_2915.jpg
Tony and Stephanie
IMG_2918.jpg
Looking up a shaft...;)
IMG_2920.jpg
IMG_2927.jpg
IMG_2940.jpg
Don and Sadie Jo.
IMG_2942.jpg
IMG_2946.jpg
Ray checking his phone:thinking:
IMG_2947.jpg

Last edited:

DManuel

Great photos everyone. We had a blast! Fun trails. Cool mine. Good food. Great people! Our steering is getting fixed on Monday and Mile Marker is sending a new control unit for our winch. We will be ready to go again real soon. Definitely want to explore more in the Panamint Area. Thanks to everyone for making the weekend an enjoyable one. And, thanks for turning us on to Lone Pine, Eddie and Cindy. We will be back!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Glad to hear you're getting a new controller from MileMarker and that you'll be getting your steering fixed next week. Can't wait to see Nemo back on the trail with us.

Also, great shots everyone!! I'm so glad that you all were out in force taking em :thumb:

Top Bottom