Denver, CO Mile High Meetup Thread

MDK210

Looking for some advice from the CO trail veterans. Lived in CO for 4-5yrs but didn't start hitting trails till a couple yrs ago when I got my Jeep. I have my CO off-road book that tells me trail difficulties, etc but was wondering what it takes to tackle some of the harder trails, now that I've modified the Jeep more, such as China Wall?

I'm sure it's a mix of technique and clearance but is there anything I can't do unless I have a 15" lift with 40" tires and fully built everything ha?

I'm researching radio options for my inbound JL. I'm guessing everyone is still using CB? Is Single Side Band (SSB) becoming more common? Or is it a waste of money? I like the President radios, so it's really just a matter of which feature set I should get.

Sent from my SM-G892U using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I talked to Jeep chat. My JLUR has been built and is now just waiting on inspection before they put in on a truck and send it my way. This is happening way faster than I thought.

That's awesome. Can't wait to see it.

I'm researching radio options for my inbound JL. I'm guessing everyone is still using CB? Is Single Side Band (SSB) becoming more common? Or is it a waste of money? I like the President radios, so it's really just a matter of which feature set I should get.

Guys around here use all use CB to the best of my knowledge. When we all did Metbury and Hackett, we were using CB. I just have a basic handheld with an external antenna and have been happy with it.

https://midlandusa.com/product/75-822cb-radio/

Feature-image_CB-600x569.png

Bierpower

Hooked
Looking for some advice from the CO trail veterans. Lived in CO for 4-5yrs but didn't start hitting trails till a couple yrs ago when I got my Jeep. I have my CO off-road book that tells me trail difficulties, etc but was wondering what it takes to tackle some of the harder trails, now that I've modified the Jeep more, such as China Wall?

I'm sure it's a mix of technique and clearance but is there anything I can't do unless I have a 15" lift with 40" tires and fully built everything ha?
I only had my Rubicon for one summer but stock with lockers and sway bar disconnect it made it up some pretty decent trails.

-red cone
-wheeler lake
-coney flats/MSV
-china wall
-the gulches
-saran wrap

If your not scared to use the skid plates you can make it most places. Just go with people who can pull you out if need be and test the waters.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

The Wolf

Let's meet at The Fort restaurant (off hwy 285) at 8:00am Sunday. Windows on for me, looks like rain. Makes it interesting if it does. Always been clear skies when I have been up there.

Checked updated forecast for Montezuma for tomorrow; 50% chance of rain in the afternoon, which generally means 100% chance I'll have a rain cloud following me the whole way. I'm still planning on going though :)

boardsurfer

Checked updated forecast for Montezuma for tomorrow; 50% chance of rain in the afternoon, which generally means 100% chance I'll have a rain cloud following me the whole way. I'm still planning on going though :)

It's a good time either way. Last weekend was insanely crowded, be ready for that.

Kyle7R

I only had my Rubicon for one summer but stock with lockers and sway bar disconnect it made it up some pretty decent trails.

-red cone
-wheeler lake
-coney flats/MSV
-china wall
-the gulches
-saran wrap

If your not scared to use the skid plates you can make it most places. Just go with people who can pull you out if need be and test the waters.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Same here, I was quite surprised at all that my JKUR was able to handle stock.

Slimebones

Go and enjoy. Weather or not, will be great. Would join but just got back from 3 day trip. Catch you next time. side note: might want to check out Radical Hill since you are in that area.

Slimebones

Looking Ahead 8/18/2018

I always seem to post up last minute decisions to run a trail. INSTEAD How about looking ahead to next Saturday to run Spring Creek 8/18/18. Anybody interested?

Kyle7R

I always seem to post up last minute decisions to run a trail. INSTEAD How about looking ahead to next Saturday to run Spring Creek 8/18/18. Anybody interested?

I would love to, but will be on my way back from the Exodus trip.

I am definitely down for whatevers next though!

Well, shit. The dealership just called to let me know she's been delivered. I'm going to pick her up tomorrow afternoon!

I need some recommendations for trails I can solo. I'd love to wheel with you guys, but nothing is a guarantee with the railroad "schedule". I don't mind bumps and scrapes; I just don't want to get stuck alone.

Sent from my SM-G892U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom