Denver, CO Mile High Meetup Thread

boardsurfer

Well, shit. The dealership just called to let me know she's been delivered. I'm going to pick her up tomorrow afternoon!

I need some recommendations for trails I can solo. I'd love to wheel with you guys, but nothing is a guarantee with the railroad "schedule". I don't mind bumps and scrapes; I just don't want to get stuck alone.

Sent from my SM-G892U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Argentine/McClellan is beginner friendly and easy to solo. Close to Georgetown in case something goes wrong. Yankee Hill is easy and fairly heavily trafficked. There will always be someone around. Kingston Peak, Chinns Lake, Loch Lamond. All good choices.

I saw the T33. It looked pretty good. I'm not going to claim to be 4x4 Yoda by any means, but I'm not a shaky beginner either. I tore my JK up every chance I got. I want to get my wheeling on and give the wife a good baptism.

WJCO

Meme King
I saw the T33. It looked pretty good. I'm not going to claim to be 4x4 Yoda by any means, but I'm not a shaky beginner either. I tore my JK up every chance I got. I want to get my wheeling on and give the wife a good baptism.

Congrats! Can't wait to see it.

Switzerland Trail is a good half day trail. Super easy but scenic.

I wouldn't recommend T33 solo. I did it solo last year and afterwards my wife and I were glad we were done with it with no issues. Just my opinion. Some ledges but no cell service and it can be tight if something were to happen with not too many spots to get off the trail. It also could be easy to get lost. Here's a couple of pics I got last year of some of the "iffy" spots. Again, just my opinion.

DSC05679.jpg

DSC05686.jpg UI

WJCO

Meme King
After drooling over the Trails Offroad page for a bit, I found 3 more I'm curious about. Middle St Vrain, Imogene Pass, or the Ironclads?

Middle St Vrain is a blast. You can do Coney Flats on the way back. We've got a few threads on it here as it's done almost every year. Ironclads is a cool trail, but it's quick and doesn't last long. What you could do though is do the Ironclads, then at the bottom of that loop when you're done, there is a forest road that will take you south to Peaceful Valley campground and then you could do MSV/Coney because the MSV trail starts over there. Doing all three including that forest road stretch would be an all day thing most likely.

EDIT: Some good shots of Ben on the Ironclad ledge: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php...-Saturday-7-29?p=932052&viewfull=1#post932052

I'm tentatively planning on wheeling Tuesday, assuming I get back from this trip at the right time. I'm probably going to Pole Hill, at WJCO's recommendation. If a group actually forms for this, I'm game for trying out other trails too.

denver98

I’m on call all week but as of today I have tomorrow off and I’m fairly far down the list to get called. So, I should be able to do some wheeling tomorrow. What time are you thinking?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

My wife had a blast wheeling Pole Hill with Scott and Kyle yesterday. She never went wheeling with me when I had my JK, so that was her virgin offroad adventure. She said there will definitely be more and has already asked when the next one is, lol.

Overall, the trail was mellower than I was hoping... that, or the JL is just more capable than I gave it credit for. I'm beyond pleased with how she did. My wife is a terrible photographer, so I'm hoping Scott got better pictures (not of the dash, ground, or trees)

Slimebones

My wife had a blast wheeling Pole Hill with Scott and Kyle yesterday. She never went wheeling with me when I had my JK, so that was her virgin offroad adventure. She said there will definitely be more and has already asked when the next one is, lol.

Overall, the trail was mellower than I was hoping... that, or the JL is just more capable than I gave it credit for. I'm beyond pleased with how she did. My wife is a terrible photographer, so I'm hoping Scott got better pictures (not of the dash, ground, or trees)

Congrats on the virgin run. Gotta feel good. Nothing like a new vehicle, not to mention it is a JL!!!

denver98

It was a fairly tame trail but it did have a few spots to flex the suspension. The trail will be a sea of fall colors is a few weeks as the aspen trees begin to change. It’s an easy day trip that is very scenic. IMG_8068.jpg capture 4_edit.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Slimebones

Decided today to run up to T33 Plane Crash site tomorrow. Short notice for sure, but would welcome company just the same. If you don't have solid plans for tomorrow and are looking for a fun trail to run, post up here and we can meet at Camp Dick around 9:00 am.

Top Bottom