Denver, CO Mile High Meetup Thread

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Let's start talking about options for a run soon. I like the option of Chinaman Gulch again. That was a fun trail and there's a lot of easy scenic ones over there we could also do that are likely open this time of year. Timing wise for me would have to be march sometime.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Also, random side note for anyone local who uses GAIA Gps like me - I had an all day dreadfully long remote meeting yesterday and needed something to do while listening for 10 hours. So I downloaded, sorted, color difficulty categorized over 400 GPX files and imported into GAIA so I have basically everything in CO and UT. I had all the trails before but no waypoints. I have it all now, and can export or share if anyone could use it just let me know.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Also, random side note for anyone local who uses GAIA Gps like me - I had an all day dreadfully long remote meeting yesterday and needed something to do while listening for 10 hours. So I downloaded, sorted, color difficulty categorized over 400 GPX files and imported into GAIA so I have basically everything in CO and UT. I had all the trails before but no waypoints. I have it all now, and can export or share if anyone could use it just let me know.

That sounds great. I would definitely appreciate it if you could send them my way. 🙂

Slimebones

400?!?! I would need another lifetime for that!! Working on it.

mac214

Everything came up - really excited to start using it. I ended up purchasing the subscription as well.

Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
That sounds great. I would definitely appreciate it if you could send them my way. 🙂
PM me your email for Gaia and I'll share it to you. Apparently the data set is so large it won't reimport on their website or app, but it does export so if you just want the GPX for another software let me know and I can send you just that.

400?!?! I would need another lifetime for that!! Working on it.

468 to be precise. Admittedly I got a little obsessive but it's neat seeing them all on the screen and now I can look at trails be area on the road much easier, and honestly being able to browse it this way makes trip planning easier, plus now I have waypoint notes which could be helpful.

I also have things in there like HAM repeater locations as well, pop by the house sometime if you want me to show you how to set it up on your phone.

Attachments

• utah.jpg
    utah.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 53

Slimebones

PM me your email for Gaia and I'll share it to you. Apparently the data set is so large it won't reimport on their website or app, but it does export so if you just want the GPX for another software let me know and I can send you just that.

468 to be precise. Admittedly I got a little obsessive but it's neat seeing them all on the screen and now I can look at trails be area on the road much easier, and honestly being able to browse it this way makes trip planning easier, plus now I have waypoint notes which could be helpful.

I also have things in there like HAM repeater locations as well, pop by the house sometime if you want me to show you how to set it up on your phone.

I will do just that. Of particular interest, the HAM repeater locations. KE0UJQ, 7's

Slimebones

Let's start talking about options for a run soon. I like the option of Chinaman Gulch again. That was a fun trail and there's a lot of easy scenic ones over there we could also do that are likely open this time of year. Timing wise for me would have to be march sometime.

Pick a date and we will make it happen.

mac214

I won’t be able to make the 14th unfortunately, we have plans and it’s my middle son’s birthday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom