DENVER Mile High Trail Run / Meetup - Spring Creek June 27

adventure1

H8roads, I'm friends with Colorado2003 and would like to go on this trip; however I have a stock 2012 rubicon with winch and bumper. Will I be able to make it without body damage?

xwaz

H8roads, I'm friends with Colorado2003 and would like to go on this trip; however I have a stock 2012 rubicon with winch and bumper. Will I be able to make it without body damage?

I went on the trail on the 6 to film a trip because I knew my zj might not make it. And one of the vehicles we had was a later 2013 2 door Rubicon hard rock that was completely stock and I think he had most of the trail with out damage but do expect scratches from over grown branches and there are a few spots that damage maybe be likely but I think with very careful driving and a good spotter. You'll probably be able to make it without damage. Just scratches on the skid plates and rock sliders.

EJKoz67

room for couple rookies?

A couple guys would like to come up from COS for this run...is there space available? Rookie to this kind of off-roading--hoping to learn from the more experienced. Thanks...

Koz

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug

Nobody can promise you anything but I'm stock if it makes you feel more comfortable!

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Hey everyone - just a quick update.

There is a *possibility* that we may have to either reschedule this or move it to another trail. I've been talking with Tim at Trail Jeeps and it looks like there might be some trail damage from the recent dumps of rain we've received, so Spring Creek may not be viable for the group. We'll wait until we're a bit closer to make that call but I wanted to be up front about it just so you're not all super disappointed if we have to pivot at the last minute.

If anyone has some good trail suggestions that are stocker friendly (i.e. bypasses are a must) but are a trail and not just a leisure drive, and also located somewhat close to Denver, please let me know and we might consider that if we have to.

BlackHat

Any updates on spring creek trail status? I have been way busy at work and haven't had a chance to get on the forum. I don't know any other trails that are as close to us as spring creek.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Any updates on spring creek trail status? I have been way busy at work and haven't had a chance to get on the forum. I don't know any other trails that are as close to us as spring creek.

Spring Creek doesn't sound like it's going to be viable. Tim from Trail Jeeps pinged me yesterday and said it's no good. How about Yankee Hill?

sblackf1

Although I won't be in Denver during this time to go but here is an alternate trail suggestion: there is the Bill moor lake trail which is a good trail, great scenery and doable to stock 4x4s. It's not 'too much' further west from Idaho springs.

BlackHat

Spring Creek doesn't sound like it's going to be viable. Tim from Trail Jeeps pinged me yesterday and said it's no good. How about Yankee Hill?

I think Yankee Hill will be okay especially with the stocker JKs we are going to have. Bypasses are good but if they become the main trail that's a problem. I'm good with Yankee, H8roads do you want to find a meetup spot for that morning. I found this picture on the web I'm not sure if it is actually yankee hill but the description said it was.
ynkee_hl_b.jpg

CJW

So is there official word on what trail we're running yet? Why's making spring creek such a bad choice? Has anyone seen it lately?

BlackHat

So is there official word on what trail we're running yet? Why's making spring creek such a bad choice? Has anyone seen it lately?

H8ROADS was contacted by Tim from Trail Jeeps yesterday saying the trail is no good.

sparkymoffett

I just ran Ironclads on Saturday and that one was cool. Had some playground areas, the main obstacles had bypasses. There was even a stocker in the group. From there, there's also Bunce School and t33a.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
As BlackHat mentioned, Tim told me it's no good right now.
Put me down as a maybe
Unfortunately something come up so maybe the next time
Bummer!

So I'd rather run something than nothing, so let's just go with Yankee Hill - I haven't done this trail before and it's close but I hear on other forums it's mildly entertaining and very stocker friendly. I'm going to update the first post with the details. We'll plan on meeting at Trail Jeeps and ride to the trail together from there.

Sorry guys for the late change but nobody could have foreseen the torrential rain we received. Hopefully we can try again for Spring Creek before the end of the year.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
I just ran Ironclads on Saturday and that one was cool. Had some playground areas, the main obstacles had bypasses. There was even a stocker in the group. From there, there's also Bunce School and t33a.

We're going to go ahead and do Yankee Hill but lets T those up for real soon. There's also a ton of trails near Yankee Hill so I think we'll have no shortage of fun.

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
I was hoping to make this run a shakedown run but a delay in the axle delivery pushed my build out further than expected so we're probably not going to be ready by June 27th.........but I still would like to meet up with you guys after the build is completed......I will be in area for a couple of days then maybe head over to MOAB for a couple of days then make the long trek home to Florida.......let me know where and when you guys plan to meet in July i want to join you if that's possible

~Woodrow~

t8er

As BlackHat mentioned, Tim told me it's no good right now.

Bummer!

So I'd rather run something than nothing, so let's just go with Yankee Hill - I haven't done this trail before and it's close but I hear on other forums it's mildly entertaining and very stocker friendly. I'm going to update the first post with the details. We'll plan on meeting at Trail Jeeps and ride to the trail together from there.

Sorry guys for the late change but nobody could have foreseen the torrential rain we received. Hopefully we can try again for Spring Creek before the end of the year.

Yankee Hill is super easy. There's some snow at the top but even if there's still a good amount up top a little throttle will get you all the way up.

Top Bottom