Detailing your jeep

noroad

so you spray you soft top with any type of tire cleaner and then rub it in a little? wow would have never guessed might give it a try. Also what do you gys use for the soft top windows mine are really dirty and a little scrached from trees!

steve_r2

so you spray you soft top with any type of tire cleaner and then rub it in a little? wow would have never guessed might give it a try. Also what do you gys use for the soft top windows mine are really dirty and a little scrached from trees!
A little trick you can use for light scratches on plastic or headlights (not necessarily Jeep ones but works on lens covers) is to use toothpaste to polish it out..... cheap and easy !

Just saved lots of time cleaning the interior. Visiting my brother and he didn't have a vacuum. He told me to use his leaf blower and that's the way he's been doing it for years. WOW! Worked great. Just pick up all the popcorn and food kids leave behind first....and don't forget all your change too. Quarters will fly everywhere. I think no doors and top would work best for blowing the interior. Use low setting for getting all the dust of the speakers, sound bar, dash, etc... NOTE: I don't have carpet installed and this method would probably not get good results with the carpets installed.

rich67

Caught the Bug
I try to keep up with mine. After I hit the Florida mud, I usually pull the wheels off and give the brakes and hubs some TLC. It's pretty tough to get all the stains off the components. I use Purple Power and a brush to hit the most visible parts.

Last edited:

BlackKnight

Wow, I didn't realize that there were people that cleaned their jeeps more than rain or a pressure washer for the mud...

JKJody

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428948384.284144.jpg
This took me literally all day yesterday to get this thing clean. I let my pride get the best of me, so I went into the mud pit, got stuck. NEVER AGAIN! Im still working on it today. Also tore the front pinion seal.....awesome.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Just reviving a hell of an old thread. Just bought a new polisher and some compound for the boat but plan on using the polisher on the Jeep as well at some point!
IMG_7620.jpg

Last edited:

Judesign

Caught the Bug
On a serious not yes the chemical guys stuff is great. I've also been using griots lately. There poly wax is phenomenal

I could spend all day detailing, I enjoy the peacefulness of it. What I don't enjoy is when mud gets down in the window channels and scratches up my windows... I end up spending more time cleaning those out than anywhere else in the interior!

WJCO

Meme King
I could spend all day detailing, I enjoy the peacefulness of it. What I don't enjoy is when mud gets down in the window channels and scratches up my windows... I end up spending more time cleaning those out than anywhere else in the interior!

We found the air compressor works great for getting the little mud balls out of the window channels.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Just reviving a hell of an old thread. Just bought a new polisher and some compound for the boat but plan on using the polisher on the Jeep as well at some point!
View attachment 252884

Nice! Ive been thinking about picking up this same one for a while now.

Chemical guys products rock. I've been looking hard at this polisher for a while now. Give us a review after a couple uses. [emoji106]

Also, been thinking about giving Chemical Guys products a shot. I watch there youtube often! Any specific product recommendations specifically for the jeep? :thumb:

Top Bottom