Did you get a loaner to drive when you had warranty work done?

Nicros206

My air bag just blew so jeeps doing this whole investigation on it. They just put me in a rental. It wasn't jeep care that did it, it was the dealer ship.

wmeyer116

So here is an update on my current, situation. I took it to the dealership for the leaking rear axle seal, the transmission rattling noise, and to have the section of fuel line replaced that melted due to it coming separated above the tank while I was driving it.

I called the dealership Monday, made an appointment for Tuesday at 9:30am. When I got there, I explained in detail everything that was wrong, including the fuel line and that it had to be driven at least 15 minutes to hear the noise. They said they would look at. I also asked them to change the oil.

All Tuesday goes by with no call, Wednesday goes by until the afternoon, no call. So I decided to call. Nobody in the service department answers, so I left a message. Finally. Someone calls back and leaves me a message so I call again, and no one answers.

Eventually, after Calling two more time, I get a hold of someone who says that "it wasn't the axle that was leaking, it was the axle seal". . . No shit. And then they proceed to say that they "filled it back up". I asked if they changed the seal, and they said they did not, so I asked them to, although I doubt they will. Then she said that they didn't hear the noise, which I expected, but they said they would try again and drive it longer.

Here is the kicker. She says "it says here that the fuel line is disconnected, but if that was the case it would throw a code" as if nothing I had explained earlier about it was written down. I had to explain that it was not currently disconnected, but that I put it back together and it needed to be replaced because it was MELTED and she said they would "look at it again".

So now, all day Thursday goes by, the third freaking day of my new Jeep under warranty being in the shop for minor issues. and no call. I have called three times and left a message at both the service department and the service manager. Still haven't heard back.

I mean what a damn joke. I sadly, however, wouldn't expect anything else from a Chrysler dealership. I bet they didn't even change my damn oil. . .

rogerk93

So here is an update on my current, situation. I took it to the dealership for the leaking rear axle seal, the transmission rattling noise, and to have the section of fuel line replaced that melted due to it coming separated above the tank while I was driving it.

I called the dealership Monday, made an appointment for Tuesday at 9:30am. When I got there, I explained in detail everything that was wrong, including the fuel line and that it had to be driven at least 15 minutes to hear the noise. They said they would look at. I also asked them to change the oil.

All Tuesday goes by with no call, Wednesday goes by until the afternoon, no call. So I decided to call. Nobody in the service department answers, so I left a message. Finally. Someone calls back and leaves me a message so I call again, and no one answers.

Eventually, after Calling two more time, I get a hold of someone who says that "it wasn't the axle that was leaking, it was the axle seal". . . No shit. And then they proceed to say that they "filled it back up". I asked if they changed the seal, and they said they did not, so I asked them to, although I doubt they will. Then she said that they didn't hear the noise, which I expected, but they said they would try again and drive it longer.

Here is the kicker. She says "it says here that the fuel line is disconnected, but if that was the case it would throw a code" as if nothing I had explained earlier about it was written down. I had to explain that it was not currently disconnected, but that I put it back together and it needed to be replaced because it was MELTED and she said they would "look at it again".

So now, all day Thursday goes by, the third freaking day of my new Jeep under warranty being in the shop for minor issues. and no call. I have called three times and left a message at both the service department and the service manager. Still haven't heard back.

I mean what a damn joke. I sadly, however, wouldn't expect anything else from a Chrysler dealership. I bet they didn't even change my damn oil. . .

That's sucks man. It's hard to find a dealership that is actually willing to help. Have you called Chrysler themselves and explained your issue and your frustration they will help by trying to contact the dealership themselves and try to compensate you. They paid one month for my Jeep since the torque converter blew a hole in my bell housing and had it for 2 weeks.

wmeyer116

I finally called the general manager of the dealership, and nicely asked if he would call me back and that the level of service but i was receiving was unacceptable. Rather than calling me back he instead had someone from the service department call me and said that it was done and that they didn't hear the noise in the transmission and that the fuel line was inspected and that it was "safe". Which means they obviously didn't take it apart and see that it was melted like I told them. Absolutely ridiculous. I'll be calling Chrysler tomorrow, maybe they will set things right

Top Bottom