DISAPPOINTED with Golden Nugget Laughlin NV

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, about a month ago, I got a letter from my credit card company and it was to inform me that the dispute I filed against the $523.05 was denied. Apparently, it was necessary for me to at least make an attempt to return the item I purchased and/or try to resolve the issue with them first. When I explained that I hadn't purchased anything from them and that I was nowhere near the area when my card was charged, they explained what I should have filed a fraud claim. I then asked if I could have the case reopened and do that now, they said yes but that it would still help me to contact the Golden Nugget and discuss the matter with them first - just to build a case. Needless to say, that's what I did.

Upon calling the Golden Nugget and being put on hold forever, I finally got to talk to someone and was redirected to another department and put on hold again. When I finally got a someone who should have been able to help me, I asked about the charge in question and after another lengthy hold, I was told that they couldn't find the charge in their system. And, after explaining the whole situation, I asked them to retrace my previous stay and that only complicated things more, especially with the whole DirtheadDavis thing. We went round and round trying to figure out who paid for what and for what room but eventually, we got all that figured out and they were even able to confirm that my room was paid for and that my security deposit was refunded to me. PERFECT... but still, there was no sign of the $523.05 charge or what it could be for.

It was at this point and time that I almost said, okay, thank you and then move on to talking to my credit card company again but then... stupid me pressed the issue. I then asked if there was anyone else I could speak to about it and then another gal in the room mentioned there might be someone. And, after getting put on hold for another short eternity, I finally got talking to someone who claimed to have figured it out. As it was explained to me, Cindy and I had stayed 3 nights at their hotel, with a pet and here's the real kicker - BACK IN 2022! She was saying that I was never charged for this stay 2 years ago and that she had my signature from when I checked in! Completely stunned with this information, I asked if she could send me some kind of proof of this claim and she said that should could NOT. The most she could do is send me a receipt for the charge but that's it and with no proof of my signature.

After getting off the phone with her, called my credit card company and told the whole story to my case manager. Upon hearing it, he asked if there was a chance that I had stayed at their hotel anytime within the time frame specified and let him know that I have stayed at their hotel in the past, multiple times but that I didn't think so or at least, within the 2 years in question. And, even if I had, I'd really have to go digging through my records to see whether or not it had been paid for or not. To this, he let me know that he appreciated me contacting the Golden Nugget, trying to figure out what happened and for my honesty. He also let me know that even IF I had stayed their 2 years before and hadn't gotten charged for it then, there is a time limit for the hotel to charge me and that would be 1 year. In any case, I had a case and they would now reopen mine and go to bat for me.

Well, today, I just got the following letter from my bank...

Scan2024-04-08_151928.jpg

Needless to say, I WIN, they LOOSE and the Golden Nugget can suck it!

WJCO

Meme King
So, about a month ago, I got a letter from my credit card company and it was to inform me that the dispute I filed against the $523.05 was denied. Apparently, it was necessary for me to at least make an attempt to return the item I purchased and/or try to resolve the issue with them first. When I explained that I hadn't purchased anything from them and that I was nowhere near the area when my card was charged, they explained what I should have filed a fraud claim. I then asked if I could have the case reopened and do that now, they said yes but that it would still help me to contact the Golden Nugget and discuss the matter with them first - just to build a case. Needless to say, that's what I did.

Upon calling the Golden Nugget and being put on hold forever, I finally got to talk to someone and was redirected to another department and put on hold again. When I finally got a someone who should have been able to help me, I asked about the charge in question and after another lengthy hold, I was told that they couldn't find the charge in their system. And, after explaining the whole situation, I asked them to retrace my previous stay and that only complicated things more, especially with the whole DirtheadDavis thing. We went round and round trying to figure out who paid for what and for what room but eventually, we got all that figured out and they were even able to confirm that my room was paid for and that my security deposit was refunded to me. PERFECT... but still, there was no sign of the $523.05 charge or what it could be for.

It was at this point and time that I almost said, okay, thank you and then move on to talking to my credit card company again but then... stupid me pressed the issue. I then asked if there was anyone else I could speak to about it and then another gal in the room mentioned there might be someone. And, after getting put on hold for another short eternity, I finally got talking to someone who claimed to have figured it out. As it was explained to me, Cindy and I had stayed 3 nights at their hotel, with a pet and here's the real kicker - BACK IN 2022! She was saying that I was never charged for this stay 2 years ago and that she had my signature from when I checked in! Completely stunned with this information, I asked if she could send me some kind of proof of this claim and she said that should could NOT. The most she could do is send me a receipt for the charge but that's it and with no proof of my signature.

After getting off the phone with her, called my credit card company and told the whole story to my case manager. Upon hearing it, he asked if there was a chance that I had stayed at their hotel anytime within the time frame specified and let him know that I have stayed at their hotel in the past, multiple times but that I didn't think so or at least, within the 2 years in question. And, even if I had, I'd really have to go digging through my records to see whether or not it had been paid for or not. To this, he let me know that he appreciated me contacting the Golden Nugget, trying to figure out what happened and for my honesty. He also let me know that even IF I had stayed their 2 years before and hadn't gotten charged for it then, there is a time limit for the hotel to charge me and that would be 1 year. In any case, I had a case and they would now reopen mine and go to bat for me.

View attachment 405635

What an ordeal. Glad you got the money but what a pain.

View attachment 405635

Lol, at this point I’d just Venmo you some money. Glad you won so I can buy new rotors instead 😎

jeeeep

Hooked
wow, what an ordeal and unnecessary! If they have that record, they would've had all the times you have stayed and chalked it up to their fault.
They have no idea of what their actual loss is for something they claimed was a 2-year-old charge.
How many stayed there at the last meet?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
wow, what an ordeal and unnecessary! If they have that record, they would've had all the times you have stayed and chalked it up to their fault.
They have no idea of what their actual loss is for something they claimed was a 2-year-old charge.
How many stayed there at the last meet?
The whole thing really is silly and not only did we have a bunch of people stay on this trip, we've have tons of people stay there on other trips as well. Maybe even on one 2 years ago LOL! Well, not anymore.

NPC 6060⁸42

It’s amazing that they would try and claim you stayed there two years ago and didn’t pay. What a crappy way to run a business.
Glad you got it sorted out, and glad you persisted with the credit card company.

Trail Bud

Hooked

View attachment 405635

Yeah!!!!!!
Finally!

Brute

Hooked
Do you know if your credit card company is reimbursing you, or did they actually get remuneration from Golden Nugget?…

Top Bottom