Disaster averted

jeeeep

Hooked
The issue is the tie rod, not the drag link. On my current set up the PSC ram is above the tie rod. If the tie rod is moved up 1.5 inches as with the Reid and Rancho knuckles, the ram needs to be relocated.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I have the Rancho knuckles on my 2010 with the PSC ram above the tie rod and no issues - I'm also using a flipped drag link.

fiend

Caught the Bug
I have the Rancho knuckles on my 2010 with the PSC ram above the tie rod and no issues - I'm also using a flipped drag link.

Would you mind posting some photos of your ram set up? Particularly the mounts at the tie rod and TB bracket.

Are the Rancho knuckles beefier than the stockers?

Thanks

jeeeep

Hooked
Would you mind posting some photos of your ram set up? Particularly the mounts at the tie rod and TB bracket.

Are the Rancho knuckles beefier than the stockers?

Thanks

I'll post up some pics later today.

From what I recall, the Rancho seemed beefier. I bought them when they first came out to replace the knuckle where the lower ball joint hole had ovaled.

I think I still have the old knuckle, if I do I'll try to get a comparison photo.

fiend

Caught the Bug
I'll post up some pics later today.

From what I recall, the Rancho seemed beefier. I bought them when they first came out to replace the knuckle where the lower ball joint hole had ovaled.

I think I still have the old knuckle, if I do I'll try to get a comparison photo.

Ok thank you [emoji482]

jsukey

Yeah, no kidding. [emoji28]

Just imagine what direction that Jeep is going to head if it did fail. Straight to the left, and into oncoming traffic. I've never seen a failure like that before. When you get it replaced, snap a pic and post it up. I'm curious as to whether or not it had to do with some kind of fatigue or mishap during the casting.

fiend

Caught the Bug
You're welcome to it...not sure how soon you need it...and it would be cheaper just to ship one. I assume you checked the other side really good...

I am inclined to replace both sides, just to be safe. I need to take both sides apart anyway, to replace the ball joints.

zimm

Caught the Bug
Wouldn't welded on C-gussets strengthen that area a bit? Maybe it would have cracked anyways.

If I had to replace knuckles though, I'd get Ranchos.

Top Bottom