Disturbed “The Sound Of Silence” (Official Video)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Don't know if any of you have seen or heard this amazing version of "The Sound of Silence" by Disturbed but I just came across it today and was blown away. For those of you who don't know, this song was originally written by Paul Simon and recorded by Simon & Garfunkel back in 1964. Anyway, if you're into this kind of stuff, you might want to give this a listen :yup:

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Glad you all liked it. The original is a classic for sure but I thought this cover of it was definitely worthy of a mention. :yup:

jesse3638

Hooked
I thought that was a really good cover. Another great cover is Johnny Cash's cover of the Nine Inch Nails song "Hurt". I watched an interview with Trent Reznor who admitted that Cash's version was superior to their own and he didn't know it could be done that well. If you haven't heard it its also worth a listen.

Buster3479

We've heard the Disturbed cover a lot on XM lately (Octane is always on in Beast). Great original, and an AMAZING cover. His vocal range is astounding, and he does an awesome job for something so different from his normal Disturbed work. Rock on! :rock:

WJCO

Meme King
Don't know if any of you have seen or heard this amazing version of "The Sound of Silence" by Disturbed but I just came across it today and was blown away. For those of you who don't know, this song was originally written by Paul Simon and recorded by Simon & Garfunkel back in 1964. Anyway, if you're into this kind of stuff, you might want to give this a listen :yup:

Surprisingly, I still remember when you posted this thread. Eight years ago. This may be one of the best covers ever.

JAGS

Hooked
Surprisingly, I still remember when you posted this thread. Eight years ago. This may be one of the best covers ever.

I still can’t believe Mr clean is that good a cover man. 😉

I recently bought the vinyl of the original Simon and Garfunkel version. Hard to say anything beats that.

The fact this cover is so good further confirms what a great songwriter Paul was.

Top Bottom