DIY Beadlock Water Removal

jesse3638

Hooked
Will you be doing a video. It would be helpful. Also, will a Cham wow pick up the water 20% faster or do you think that is overkill for the type of water you encounter. Also, if you were have a second chamois on the outside of the tire while the first one was being used, could that absorb the overflow before hitting the tire and more importantly, the ground. Sorry for all the questions. I just want to buy once and do it right.
The answers to your questions are yes. Although I'll probably do hand drawn animation. Don't use toilet paper to soak it all up. I found pieces will get stuck to all the bolts and is a pain to clean off. However I didn't try Charmin...hmmmm

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

TeraFlex makes these water removers. They're probably made in China so I don't know how long they'll last. Adjustable so they're compatible with all beadlocks. You get four so you can do all the wheels at once.

You should see the hot chick in the marketing video. 😍

Drinking_Straws15_1024x1024.jpg

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Ddays

Hooked

Brute

Hooked
Does one wipe counterclockwise if your above the equator? Should one jack up each tire when performing this maneuver? If your right handed, do you place your left knee or right knee on the ground?...I would hate to incur injury by not using correct form.

I think a video with some thump thump thump music would be helpful...

nbunga

Caught the Bug
Wow, when I first read this I thought it was a great, simple solutionto the problem. Now after seeing all these valid concerns everyone is having, I’m pretty sure you couldn’t pay me to run beadlocks. Way too much to go wrong!!

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug
Do not and i repeat DO NOT use sponges... Threw my back out ringing the sponge out after water removal of front driver tire. I was sore for atleast 3 hours :naw:

jesse3638

Hooked
Does one wipe counterclockwise if your above the equator? Should one jack up each tire when performing this maneuver? If your right handed, do you place your left knee or right knee on the ground?...I would hate to incur injury by not using correct form.

I think a video with some thump thump thump music would be helpful...
Coriolis effect has not seemed to affect the effectiveness of wiping clockwise or counterclockwise. My recommendation is to use proper ergonomics and position of comfort when performing this maneuver as to prevent an injury. One could jack up each wheel, place the T-case in N, and hold the chamois in place and spin the wheel.

jesse3638

Hooked
Forgot to mention. You can wring out the chamois into a plant or something else which needs water as to be more eco friendly and make you feel better about driving a jeep.

Top Bottom