DIY Spod- Waytekwire

pvanweelden

I assume you will have to find the wires under the steering column. Can't tell ya what colors they will be.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

JK1

WTH the resistor is on back order for 3 or more weeks
:doh:

*edit relays*

Last edited:

pastorwug

WTH the resistor is on back order for 3 or more weeks
:doh:

Can't you just get the resistor at Radioshack?
I buy all of my diodes, resisters, etc. at Radioshack, they seem to have everything I need for electrical projects on my old VWs and other stuff.

pvanweelden

You could substitute 75735 for the 75730, but you will need to break off the 87A leg of the relay. Waytek has 7344 of those available

2-6-2014 10-28-15 AM.jpg

break off the leg pointed out in pic

Edit- you don't have to break off the 87a leg of the relay - the relay panel has a slot for the leg, but the 87a is not used in this application.

important-Pin 85 has to go into upper left hand corner slot on relay panel- relay may not be printed the same as the 75730, so not sure if relay printing would be upside down or not when mounted in relay panel.

Last edited:
Getting the finishing touches buttoned up.

Here is the relay/fuse block from the back wired up. Long bundle goes to the switches, short bundle goes to the lights.
use9useb.jpg
Back of the Daystar switch panel
qe2y6aru.jpg

Here is where I mounted the circuit breaker under the hood
5une2a5y.jpg

Everything has been really easy for me to do and after asking a few questions to gain some clarity on electronics and wiring, I am very pleased and confident in this system!

So the better part of Sunday was spent wiring up the Bussman. Here is how far I have made it. This is a task for a knuckle dragging mech. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392599401.069494.jpg
Soldier job
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392599425.135333.jpg

More to follow as I figure out how to test it before installing in Canvas.

R/
Will

pvanweelden

I don't think I ever uploaded this pic, here is where I grounded mine at the passenger side kick panel
1392758843994.jpg
There are 2 factory grounds there

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

this system should work with any 12V vehicle, correct? My brother is wanting one for his f150 after seeing mine working

Well after all the wiring was matched up to the Bussmann and to the switches it was time to test it out. So here is the op check.
Light off power connected
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1393181340.762335.jpg

Light on
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1393181380.380425.jpg

Op checked all circuits and they checked good. Not bad for a knuckle dragging mech.

For those wondering I used the 12v battery from a 4wheeler. I went to Home Depot and picked up mini battery clips and soldiered a red and black wires to them. Connected the battery to the bussmann as if was being installed. Then with one of the switches a connected and a 12v light connected to the relay out I flipped the switch. Wanted to make sure I hade everything connected properly and secure prior to installing it on Canvas.

R/
Will

Last edited:
Waiting on the wet stuff to quit falling to out it on Canvas and hook up some accessories.

Sent from my fRuit product using WAL

Subbed. I think I'll do this vs. the Spod. Thanks.

The whole process has been a fun experience. I was aprehensive about doing it but when the light clicked on I felt mission accomplished. Now I just need to install it and get my accessories going.

R/
Will

Top Bottom