Does anyone have or know someone that has Teraflex new Falcon 2.1 shocks?

WJCO

Meme King
There are probably 20-25 people who own Jeeps at my job. We all park together on friday's, it's pretty cool.

The first time I showed up with my new Evo lift everyone asked who made it, 0 of them knew who Evo was. ALL of them knew or had Teraflex parts on their Jeeps.

The people on this forum and other Jeep forums are a very small part of the people who buy Jeeps. We may be the ones who use them to their full potential, but in the big picture of overall Jeep sales, we are a very very small number.

Look at any of the big sales vendors, quadratec/4WP/extreme terrain etc, the ones who send out whole catalogs of Jeep parts every month, guess who they sell. Guess who comes up first when you do a google search for buy jeep parts.

It really can't be surprising to anyone why vendors like teraflex/smittybilt and the likes are still around and still sell crazy amounts of products every year when you can go to the walmart equivalent of jeep parts store and buy them off the shelf.

Exactly. They have a much larger marketing base. It's no different than watching shitty news that's on every fucking channel, it's not quality, but everyone still knows it exists.

Jtizzle

Has no one bought falcon yef?

I know this thread is a bit old, but I'm considering replacement shocks and came across it. I was drawn to Falcon because in looking at reviews and such they seemed to be one of the more transparent companies out there about where their products are made. There is a complete shop tour posted on YouTube that shows them making all the components in house and their testing process. I can't find that level of detail on any other shock, buttoned ultimate test is from users who have tried out the shock who aren't sponsored by the shock company. With all that said, abundantly chime in with heartbroken and why they like it?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I know this thread is a bit old, but I'm considering replacement shocks and came across it. I was drawn to Falcon because in looking at reviews and such they seemed to be one of the more transparent companies out there about where their products are made.

LOL - bet they weren't transparent enough to show all the breaks and other issues they've been having.
teraflex-falcon-02.png

teraflex-falcon.jpg

There is a complete shop tour posted on YouTube that shows them making all the components in house and their testing process. I can't find that level of detail on any other shock, buttoned ultimate test is from users who have tried out the shock who aren't sponsored by the shock company. With all that said, abundantly chime in with heartbroken and why they like it?

In other words, they sold you on an advertising video that they produced to show themselves in the best light possible.

Exodus 4x4

LOL - bet they weren't transparent enough to show all the breaks and other issues they've been having.
View attachment 325368

View attachment 325369

In other words, they sold you on an advertising video that they produced to show themselves in the best light possible.

It blows my mind how people are so willing to throw good money at these shocks. It’s not like they’re cheap, at least not in price.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
It blows my mind how people are so willing to throw good money at these shocks. It’s not like they’re cheap, at least not in price.

Was curious about pricing ao I just looked it up. $1600 for their 3.3's. They are 2.25" with 3 position asjustability. No thanks I'd save up and just go with adjustable EVO spec King 2.5's for about $400 more.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Exodus 4x4

Was curious about pricing ao I just looked it up. $1600 for their 3.3's. They are 2.25" with 3 position asjustability. No thanks I'd save up and just go with adjustable EVO spec King 2.5's for about $400 more.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Exactly my point. If you want to buy premium shocks, you buy them from a company that ONLY builds shocks. The depth of r&d that King and Fox have put into their products can’t even be compared against other brands, and yet overnight Teraflex suddenly builds awesome shocks? Nope.

Jtizzle

Wow

That's crazy they're having issues with the mount breaking and such. They are pricy, so I was turned off by the short warranty for the price alone. Other companies have reputations for taking care of rebuilds and small issues, but it seemed in looking a lot of people who buy falcon don't wheel... I could be wrong, but that's my surface level impression. The videos look good though. I think SOMEONE needs to do a factory tour of EVO shocks, King, Fox, Rancho, Rubicon Express, etc and post up the videos 😉

WJCO

Meme King
I was drawn to Falcon because in looking at reviews and such they seemed to be one of the more transparent companies out there about where their products are made.

Lol. I stopped reading here.

Check this out:
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/37869-Teraflex-Bad-rep-for-a-reason-or-isolated-cases

But from what I hear, their marketing chick is quite a looker. Sucks that the Jeep parts industry seems to use sex to sell shit. Sex is cool and all, but when I'm out in the middle of nowhere with my family with no cell service, sex won't fix my Jeep.

Happy reading and good luck with your next shock absorber purchase.

Brute

Hooked
Lol. I stopped reading here.

Check this out:
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/37869-Teraflex-Bad-rep-for-a-reason-or-isolated-cases

But from what I hear, their marketing chick is quite a looker. Sucks that the Jeep parts industry seems to use sex to sell shit. Sex is cool and all, but when I'm out in the middle of nowhere with my family with no cell service, sex won't fix my Jeep.

Happy reading and good luck with your next shock absorber purchase.

But it might pass the time...

Top Bottom