Does size really matter?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Seriously, I'm watching a lot of video and noticed that most of WOL fellow jeeper are running 37" and 40" but I see some 35" along the way and I'd like to know if they were doing good ?

I'd like to hear feedback from both JK and JKU.

Thanks ! :rock:

For the most part, 3" of lift and 35" tires will be all that you need to tackle most trails. At least, that's what I have found running that setup both on our white JK and on our old sunburst orange JK. It's a great setup that is affordable to get to and won't start breaking stuff on your Jeep. Having said that, there are trails out west that you can't even begin to play on unless you have 37's.

Pretty substantial price difference between 35's and 37's isn't there? Even more so than 33's vs 35's.

Besides c-gussets, anything else needed to upgrade for 37's that you don't do with 35's?

As mentioned, gussets, chromoly shafts with full circle clips, 1350 drive shafts and of course, a lift that can clear the bigger tires.

Very true. Stock 44 - time to upgrade... View attachment 49651

LOL!! Nice shot - I think your Jeep is happy knowing that it'll finally get a worthy rear end :D

dis_dis

Banned
I've been running 35s for the last few months and pretty happy with them, been able to hang out with guys running 37s and even some buggies, of course getting more stuck than them and having to use the winch every once in a while.
I am upgrading to 37s for that bit of extra clearance that won't necessary help me run more challenging trails but should make the trails that I normally run a little more forgiving. I am glad I got 35s first as I am sure I will appreciate 37s a little more that way, I think. I would probably still be running 35s if I didn't get a great deal on a set of used 37s.

With 37s you might have to do some upgrades that 35s don't necessarily require - reinforced axles, re-gearing, possibly steering assist, better drive shafts.

Top Bottom