Dog proofing the Jeep.

BRaVell

I was looking for ways to make it safer for my dog to ride in the back of my jku, especially when the doors are off. He is about an 80lbs Shepard doberman mix. I love him to death but sometimes I questions his intelligence level. His back hips are getting weaker so I worry about him when we ride with everything off.

My plan is to lash a D ring to the rear rollbar and have a double ended clip lanyard. It will be just long enough for him to lay down with some slack.

I was also going to use a body harness. However the one I got from pets smart I'm not overly impressed with. What are y'all using and satisfied with.

Finally I was looking at the gully covers by dirty dog 4x4 and for 80 dollars they seems over priced for what they are. I picked up some peg board to bed line and cut up to attach it to the back of the treck armor seat covers.

I'll post pictures once finished

Attachments

• 1470812720835.jpg
    1470812720835.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 209
  • 1470812771577.jpg
    1470812771577.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 207

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Depending on if you are wheeling or not, It MAY be safer for your dog to be able to exit the jeep in a hurry. :yup:

If you are talking about cruising around town, I usually just look a short leash around the rear roll bar, and hook it to my 80lb GSD's harness. Works fine and cost zero as I already had the harness and leash. aside from the leash being pink, I cant complain

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I run Safari Straps on mine for containment. There are metal loops on seat you can attach leads to or utilize holes in sound bar.

Last edited:

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
I was looking for ways to make it safer for my dog to ride in the back of my jku, especially when the doors are off. He is about an 80lbs Shepard doberman mix. I love him to death but sometimes I questions his intelligence level. His back hips are getting weaker so I worry about him when we ride with everything off.

My plan is to lash a D ring to the rear rollbar and have a double ended clip lanyard. It will be just long enough for him to lay down with some slack.

I was also going to use a body harness. However the one I got from pets smart I'm not overly impressed with. What are y'all using and satisfied with.

Finally I was looking at the gully covers by dirty dog 4x4 and for 80 dollars they seems over priced for what they are. I picked up some peg board to bed line and cut up to attach it to the back of the treck armor seat covers.

I'll post pictures once finished

Wow that first dog is awesome looks like he's going cross eyed. [emoji23][emoji23]

BRaVell

Someone said he looks like a black Scooby Doo. Without missing a beat I responded with yeah..... Mystery needs to be solved in the hood too.

Trail JK

I don't have a solution for doors off yet but this is what we currently do with the doors on. Similar to the red web you see above.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470962584.288236.jpg .

Doggie jail... she's a little dramatic. Lol

It's a barrier behind the front seat. She rides in the back seat with a harness most times.

Top Bottom