DOT beadlock rims

YKPizzaGuy

Ok :) now back to my original question lol. Are there any other DOT approved beadlock rims out there? The ones in my op are internal beadlocks.

Rccrwlr

Anyone that has ever had a 70lb re-cap off an 18 wheeler miss the cab of their truck by inches isn't worried about the 4x4 in front of them whose loving owner crawls under it daily and constantly monitors tire pressure....jus sayin

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

Amen Brother!!

GCM 2

Recentered hummer h1 beadlocks would b another option if 16.5" wheels r ok w u

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

H1 wheels are not a beadlock wheel. The studs and nuts nearest to the rim lip are keeping the two halves of the wheel bolted together. It's just a two piece wheel allowing for operator level maintenance. In the military changing/replacing a tire on a rim is deemed -10 level maintenance (vehicle operator responsibility), so the wheel is in two pieces allowing the vehicle crew to swap tires due to wear or damage. Also inside that tire is a run flat device and one or two grease packs to provide lubrication if you are actually running on a flat and on the run flat device.

Attachments

• image-1214890881.jpg
    image-1214890881.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:

Rollincoal420

H1 wheels are not a beadlock wheel. The studs and nuts nearest to the rim lip are keeping the two halves of the wheel bolted together. It's just a two piece wheel allowing for operator level maintenance. In the military changing/replacing a tire on a rim is deemed -10 level maintenance (vehicle operator responsibility), so the wheel is in two pieces allowing the vehicle crew to swap tires due to wear or damage. Also inside that tire is a run flat device and one or two grease packs to provide lubrication if you are actually running on a flat and on the run flat device.

And when u separate them, they have either a rubber or aluminum insert, depending on if you got the 8 bolt or 12 bolt, and this insert is in fact a beadlock. It's a double beadlock... both inside and outside bead. Most are run flats as well but you can get a pvc insert that does not work as a run flat, only as a beadlock for both inner and outer beads.... and they are street legal......

Rollincoal420

u3ama3uv.jpg

Rollincoal420

No, the original had an aluminum, 2 piece insert for the bias ply tires, and a rubber 1 piece insert for the radial tires. The inserts function as both beadlocks and run flats. To say they are not beadlocks is not true and that is the reason they have made it over to the main stream of 4 wheelin markets

GCM 2

No, the original had an aluminum, 2 piece insert for the bias ply tires, and a rubber 1 piece insert for the radial tires. The inserts function as both beadlocks and run flats. To say they are not beadlocks is not true and that is the reason they have made it over to the main stream of 4 wheelin markets

Ok, you win.....

Berzerker

Supporting Advertiser TrailJeeps
Lmfao, unfortunately I hear this a lot. Right up to the point they lose a bead. Just remember, lowest bidder.

Rollincoal420

Lowest bidder is true. This is also y there is aftermarket support for them. To improve them. And when I was in the service I never had an experience w a list bead on one. And just like most others in the service, I was not remotely close to easy on them things. Just saying. There is many people across the country running them w no issues, no lost beads, no legal issues running way harder trails than most people on here run. It's an option that shouldn't b ruled out if a 16.5" rim will fit on a jk

Berzerker

Supporting Advertiser TrailJeeps
Rock them, but I wonder why you don't see them here in Colorado? Probably because we don't have hard trails.

Rollincoal420

Not that I have seen evidence of... but, please prove me wrong. Pics vids, whatever. I am planning a move out west one day to enjoy more of the wonderful wheeling this country has to offer, so by all means, show me where the good trails are

Top Bottom