Double D pro or double throwdown?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Dont the coil overs have a single bypass?

Sorry, I read what you said a bit too fast and took "wait" for "want".

You would run factory rear bump stops but up front you would have nothing. This really shouldn't be a problem IF you're just wanting to rock crawl.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I'm in the same debate. I keep swinging from Double D to the DTD, and back again... I want to install myself, but the DTD WILL require more then my diy garage tools and "skills" can provide, so while the difference in the parts is an easy sale, the difference in labor in pretty huge. Thanks everyone for the info in this thread. I'm looking forward to continuing research as funds build, and the basics are done on the jeep (lift and tires will be among the last few things to be installed)

Sorry for the thread jack OP

Roscoj

Anyone have any pictures of what the front double throwdown brackets would look like without the bypass and with a bump stop can and Is there any room left up there to add one?
It seems that running the coilover without a bump stop would damage the coilover if you hit any decent bumps.

ChaosNein

If you are going to spend the TIME & MONEY to have a bump stop mounted to the front with the DTD bracket, you might as well buy the BYPASS shock.

xflstl

Just my humble opinion, but the only reason not to go with the DTD setup would be money. Whomever said the high clearance brackets cause the jeep to handle or feel unstable on the road must have had other issues.
Personally having gone 120mph+ several times, on bumpy pothole riddled roads I can tell you there is no unstable feeling with the high clearance brackets or the DtD system. There is only the feeling of amazement which is joined by a shit eating grin that's hard to get rid of.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
If you are going to spend the TIME & MONEY to have a bump stop mounted to the front with the DTD bracket, you might as well buy the BYPASS shock.

This is what I decided. The cost of getting the front Evo bump stop can and king air bumps was close enough in cost for me to just decide to go with the complete DTD. After my kid is born in May I'll be ordering my parts, along with the high clearance long arm. Until then the unknown with hospital bills has me on hold.

For the OP. These two pictures posted from the Evo Crew at Moab EJS is what sells me on the Evo Lever.

On Evo Lander you can see the drivers rear tire is completely drooped with air under the tire.

IMG_4314.JPG

On this JK with the Double Throw Down and Evo Lever in the rear, it flexes out what appears to be significantly more without lifting a tire on that obstacle, with nearly 3" more travel.

IMG_4316.JPG

jeeper52

LOSER
I'm in the same debate. I keep swinging from Double D to the DTD, and back again... I want to install myself, but the DTD WILL require more then my diy garage tools and "skills" can provide, so while the difference in the parts is an easy sale, the difference in labor in pretty huge. Thanks everyone for the info in this thread. I'm looking forward to continuing research as funds build, and the basics are done on the jeep (lift and tires will be among the last few things to be installed)

Sorry for the thread jack OP

This is my thought. Its going to suck doing it on jack stands but it is what it is. Im just going to do all the prep work such as removing all the brackets plus removing the paint and im going to hire the welding portion out.

jeeper52

LOSER

Hey Drew can you confirm or deny the question i had on another thread? When installing the front axle mount do you have to release all the nitrogen out of the shocks, mount them then compress the shocks fully with the axles connected to find the mount location of the axle mount? And then refill with nitro?

ChaosNein

Hey Drew can you confirm or deny the question i had on another thread? When installing the front axle mount do you have to release all the nitrogen out of the shocks, mount them then compress the shocks fully with the axles connected to find the mount location of the axle mount? And then refill with nitro?

YES This would be the way the we do it.

JK007

Just a bit confused. If using evo DTD with bypass front and rear then why add bump to rear? You can adjust bypass in the rear also as compared to front?

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Just a bit confused. If using evo DTD with bypass front and rear then why add bump to rear? You can adjust bypass in the rear also as compared to front?

You would NOT run the air bumps in the rear WITH the DTD BYPASS shocks. You would only run them WITHOUT the bypass. :yep:

Top Bottom