Draglink Flip Kits

jeeeep

Hooked
The other bracket is a Synergy steering stabilizer relocation bracket. Although a set of weld on tabs for a ram came zip tied to the housing when I received it.

Awww you just made it worse!! don't tell me anymore! :cheesy:

Wethy

A drag link flip AND a front track bar relocation bracket is used to help correct your steering geometry after installing a tall lift. Typically, you want one at about 3.5" or taller as they will help to bring your track bar and drag link more parallel to your axle again. This will help with your Jeep's handling.

i've been debating whether to purchase a draglink flip for my 2.5" i havent installed it yet but i know it wont have steel bumpers for a while, so from what i gather i can expect up to an extra inch of height. so at 3" -3.5" of lift on a two door would it be beneficial to do this mod? and at 2.5"(if it ends up there) would it still be beneficial just an unneccesarry expense?

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
i've been debating whether to purchase a draglink flip for my 2.5" i havent installed it yet but i know it wont have steel bumpers for a while, so from what i gather i can expect up to an extra inch of height. so at 3" -3.5" of lift on a two door would it be beneficial to do this mod? and at 2.5"(if it ends up there) would it still be beneficial just an unneccesarry expense?

How tall are your bump stops? Need a minimum of 3" bump stops in the front

Wethy

Since I think you have a 2 door jeep, you might get enough lift to make it work.

Thats why i wasnt sure, im pretty sure cozdude installed one on his 2dr with the teraflex springs before he installed the plushrides but i cant remember! Lol

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Thats why i wasnt sure, im pretty sure cozdude installed one on his 2dr with the teraflex springs before he installed the plushrides but i cant remember! Lol

Did he finally ditch the teraflex springs? But 2 doors usually get more height. Just make sure you have the right bump stops.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Did he finally ditch the teraflex springs? But 2 doors usually get more height. Just make sure you have the right bump stops.

No sadly I did not ditch the teracrap springs yet. :( I did yield about 3.25" out of them tho with heavy front and rear bumpers. Some days I could tell I needed the flip kit (felt loose and would wonder on the the road) and other days I didn't need it. In the end after many conversations with Drew @ ORE I decided to get it when I ordered my pr44 and man am I glad I did!

The fronts are 2" but as i have not yet installed the kit thats an easy enough change

I needed more bump... Even with turning the D-link bend down some. Since their was no rub or shock travel need for more than 2" I only intalled 3" on the passenger side.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I needed more bump... Even with turning the D-link bend down some. Since their was no rub or shock travel need for more than 2" I only intalled 3" on the passenger side.

That's what I need now is just a longer bump for the passenger side.

CrazyLarry

That's what I need now is just a longer bump for the passenger side.

Im running the same springs as you on my 2 dr and recently flipped my draglink. I installed rk rear correction wedges so I had to put a 1/2 spacer up front to level it out. That gave me 3.5 inches of lift up front. figured flipping the draglink would help my steering a bit. Took off the tere bumps and my buddy who plays hockey gave me six of his practice pucks. Drilled a whole through them then went and got a 2 long hex bolts, washers and nuts from ace. Drilled a whole in my coil perch and installed three on each side. If using hockey pucks its a good idea to countersink the hole so your bumps dont hit the hex head bolt

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Im running the same springs as you on my 2 dr and recently flipped my draglink. I installed rk rear correction wedges so I had to put a 1/2 spacer up front to level it out. That gave me 3.5 inches of lift up front. figured flipping the draglink would help my steering a bit. Took off the tere bumps and my buddy who plays hockey gave me six of his practice pucks. Drilled a whole through them then went and got a 2 long hex bolts, washers and nuts from ace. Drilled a whole in my coil perch and installed three on each side. If using hockey pucks its a good idea to countersink the hole so your bumps dont hit the hex head bolt

Yea I was gonna do that as well since I have a metric crap ton of pucks sitting around my house lol

Randonizer

I hve a question. I have a 6" RC lift that came with a new pitman arm and track bar. Could I still use a drag link flip or not with my setup? My jeep walks some and is harder to control at highway speeds. Not sure if a drag link would fix this issue or not. If so then I'm defiantly looking at either the Evo or Synergy kit. Thanks.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I hve a question. I have a 6" RC lift that came with a new pitman arm and track bar. Could I still use a drag link flip or not with my setup? My jeep walks some and is harder to control at highway speeds. Not sure if a drag link would fix this issue or not. If so then I'm defiantly looking at either the Evo or Synergy kit. Thanks.

6" lift with no drag link flip? Yikes! Yes it would help. You need to lose that drop pitman arm also.

Top Bottom