Draglink Flip Kits

Gadget

Caught the Bug
What exactly is the draglink flip kit and why would I need one? Hopefully nobody gets hurt rolling their eyes or laughing at my question.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What exactly is the draglink flip kit and why would I need one? Hopefully nobody gets hurt rolling their eyes or laughing at my question.

A drag link flip AND a front track bar relocation bracket is used to help correct your steering geometry after installing a tall lift. Typically, you want one at about 3.5" or taller as they will help to bring your track bar and drag link more parallel to your axle again. This will help with your Jeep's handling.

Bacon

I've got the RE kit. Similar yo others, it uses the rhd drag link and the stock track bar, which I like.

sjd78

My pr44 came with a raised track bar bracket. It also has a hole for the stock mounting hieght. So couldn't I just buy a crown rhd drag link if I wanted to raise them up? What else would I need, a tapered insert for the knuckle?

Last edited:

BBrown626

Damn I just bought a synergy flip and haven't installed it yet, wish I could send it back with all these reviews.
Plus after I got it I notice I need a $44 drill bit, crazy

The Synergy kit is great. Get your drill bit for way less from Amazon. I think I paid ~$15.

BigPrince

In running the Synergy flip kit with trackbar relocation and synergy tierod/trackbar/draglink and so far couldn't be happier. I bent the stock draglink prior to installing the synergy.

JKbrick

My pr44 came with a raised track bar bracket. It also has a hole for the stock mounting hieght. So couldn't I just buy a crown rhd drag link if I wanted to raise them up? What else would I need, a tapered insert for the knuckle?

Yes the insert and the correct drill bit to drill the knuckle is all you need

Norice4me66

I also have the synergy draglink flipkit with raised trackbar bracket. And its been great zero problems and easy to adjust,and install

Dune Crawler

Somewhat on/off topic I have 2.76 of lift would flipping/track bracket tighten up steering? Steering is just kinda loss or go with a new tie rod? My stock tie rod is rusted to the point where it can't be turned.

jeeeep

Hooked

did you order it that way? mine didn't come with a raised bracket (unless the shop cut it off when they welded the PSC bracket on) - can you take a pic?

sjd78

did you order it that way? mine didn't come with a raised bracket (unless the shop cut it off when they welded the PSC bracket on) - can you take a pic?

Either I just got lucky or they're shipping them with the dual purpose track bar bracket because I didn't specify when I ordered it. Here's a crappy cell phone pic but you'll get the idea.

2bcf2b63ebef12d01aa9f572c42a7bb6.jpg

jeeeep

Hooked
Either I just got lucky or they're shipping them with the dual purpose track bar bracket because I didn't specify when I ordered it. Here's a crappy cell phone pic but you'll get the idea.

2bcf2b63ebef12d01aa9f572c42a7bb6.jpg

Thanks for the pic.

mine is not like that, I need to check close and see if it got cut off.

where did you get the other bracket- is it for a hydraulic ram?

sjd78

Thanks for the pic.

mine is not like that, I need to check close and see if it got cut off.

where did you get the other bracket- is it for a hydraulic ram?

The other bracket is a Synergy steering stabilizer relocation bracket. Although a set of weld on tabs for a ram came zip tied to the housing when I received it.

Top Bottom