Dusy Ershim Sept 14-16

Brute

Hooked
Just passed through Shasta & Redding...the I5 is open, but the smoke is still bad...clears up considerably when you get to Corning..

Brute

Hooked
Bummed I can’t make it! In a side note if you guys want to grab a beer in Fresno before or after you hit the trail let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Spending tonight at Shaver Lake if you want to come up...and staying here Sunday night after getting off the trail as well...and there will be a spare bed Sunday as Matt is going straight home

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Had a great trip. What a trail. Big thanks to Brute for making it all the way out from HI to make this run. Gotta go through my pics to see what turned out but here’s the view near the end of the trail.

IMG_4246.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Here's some pictures from the trip. As usual I didn't get any pictures from the most difficult parts of the trail. These pictures represent the majority of the terrain you'll find on the trail. It's pretty tight all the way through so you find yourself squeezing between rocks and trees almost non-stop. The trail does open up to some beautiful meadows in places though. We got an early start every day so we didn't run into anyone while actually running the trail. The only traffic we hit is on the last picture of this post. Being that we were up a daybreak and headed out shortly after, we got to each campsite before noon so there was plenty of time to fish, drink beer, cook and shoot the shit. There's was a group of 12 rigs behind us that included a full-size Jimmy. They had a rough time and the Jimmy didn't have a straight panel on it when we saw him at Thompson lake. Thompson Hill was fairly difficult due to the entire hill being loose boulders that would roll when trying to set up for your line. We got through unscathed for the most part. The only damage we got was I broke a couple front fender clips trying a squeeze I knew I should have just avoided. Neither of us got hung up to the point we had to winch or be pulled out (except for a newbie Game Warden that picked a interesting spot to try and turn around on Kaiser Pass Road)
Overall we had a great time, ate some good food including some fresh trout from Ershim Lake. We didn't catch or even see jack-shit in Thompson Lake. We're thinking it freezes solid in the winter so it's empty of fish. I mapped the trail at 30.8 miles gate to gate and our drive time was just a couple minutes shy of 12 hours. Enjoy the pics.

IMG_4188.jpg

IMG_4190.jpg

IMG_4191.jpg

IMG_4198.jpg

IMG_4202.jpg

IMG_4206.jpg

IMG_4208.jpg

IMG_4212.jpg

IMG_4216.jpg

IMG_4223.jpg

IMG_4226.jpg

IMG_4228.jpg

IMG_4232.jpg

IMG_4235.jpg

IMG_4236.jpg

IMG_4245.jpg

IMG_4246.jpg

IMG_4247.jpg

IMG_4249.jpg

dillard09

Awesome! Def on my list to do. I just got back from Barret Lake and the Rubicon. The Dusy looks very similar to Barret lake. Lots of tight squeezes. The gate on Barret is just over 86" but you can squeeze through at 89" 🤪

Top Bottom