Dusy Ershim Sept 14-16

Brute

Hooked
Thanks Matt for posting those up...I actually have a couple pics of your rig...I'll post them up when I get back...on the road in Sacramento getting gas & lunch

What really made the trip for me was my trail bud...you never know when running a trail and camping with someone you never did before how it's going to turn out...the guys (or gals) you run with can make or break the trip...Matt's a solid stand up guy...looking forward to the next trip

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Looks awesome. Early up makes things definitely more relaxing.

Agreed. Also made it possible to get the prime campsites at each lake.

Awesome! Def on my list to do. I just got back from Barret Lake and the Rubicon. The Dusy looks very similar to Barret lake. Lots of tight squeezes. The gate on Barret is just over 86" but you can squeeze through at 89" 🤪

Right on. I was wanting to run Barrett this year too but not sure if I'll be able to make it up there. I think I'm only at like 83. Glad you were able to run those two trails.

Thanks Matt for posting those up...I actually have a couple pics of your rig...I'll post them up when I get back...on the road in Sacramento getting gas & lunch

What really made the trip for me was my trail bud...you never know when running a trail and camping with someone you never did before how it's going to turn out...the guys (or gals) you run with can make or break the trip...Matt's a solid stand up guy...looking forward to the next trip

Absolutely! Same for me. I had a blast and having good company made it that much more enjoyable. Plus the trout with that beurre blanc you whipped up was awesome. Thanks for that. But I am curious how Big Red looked once he got off the trail? Safe travels and I'll see you on the next one.

Brute

Hooked
A couple trout we took for dinner...released the rest

Attachments

• IMG_3349.jpg
    IMG_3349.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 97

Brute

Hooked
Pan frying some trout in bacon fat, followed by a white wine reduction with fresh thyme and a squeeze of lemon...couple pats of butter swirled in at the end

Attachments

• IMG_3352.jpg
    IMG_3352.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 94

Brute

Hooked
Accompanied by Matt's seared tenderloin and sautéed veggies

Attachments

• IMG_3354.jpg
    IMG_3354.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 95
Top Bottom