Dynatrac 44 or OEM Dana 44?

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Do you know if they were still running 30 spline shafts with the 40s?

No, I think they run 35 Spline RCVs, but I could be wrong...

Negative. Haven't run RCV since Nemo. Rubicat is running a ProRock 44 with Rubicon 44 internals - factory 30-spline shaft. It's why we didn't run 40s for long. We would break something for sure.

Watch WAYALIFE YouTube Videos
WAYALIFE Jeeps & Specs

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Negative. Haven't run RCV since Nemo. Rubicat is running a ProRock 44 with Rubicon 44 internals - factory 30-spline shaft. It's why we didn't run 40s for long. We would break something for sure.

Watch WAYALIFE YouTube Videos
WAYALIFE Jeeps & Specs

Awesome to hear. I was starting to freak myself out thinking that I shouldn't have gone 37" tires with 30 spline. If they pushed 40s even for a short while on Rubicat, then I'm sure I will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

It says it has 3.21 gears, does d44 come with those, or does it come with 4.10.
This actually might be a

Edit
Never mind I tough it was a front axle, sorry [emoji52]
.....…...............................................................
MY BUILT/REBUILD: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?44123-Rebuilt-of-a-Billet-Silver-mall-crawler&p=859931#post859931

I assumed an 08 sport probably had 3:21 gears but I really don't know that it would 100%? Not sure if you could order different gear ratios as optional equipment or not. Just happened to see it and thought of this thread at the time. Seemed cheap

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hey guys, I'm in a bit of a predicament and I hope you guys can give me some insight and steer me in the correct direction. I was involved in an accident a couple months ago, and I received a payout for a new rear axle. The total amount is $2600.

The first thing that came to mind was Dynatrac! But then came the question of figment, what else would be needed, could I reuse knuckles, can I swing simply a DT housing with new shafts and reuse the rest?

I don't have a lift yet, I was still saving up to go with the Evo Enforcer. I did some reading and saw DT axles don't mesh up well with non-lifted jeeps without cutting/modifying.

I hope you can help out. Any advise if greatly appreciated [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone

Sorry to hear about your bad luck, hopefully you were uninjured and your Jeep not too badly hurt in the accident.

As mentioned before, we do offer a direct replacement ProRock 44 axle housing that will bolt right up to your Jeep. But it would also be a good time to upgrade some internals over stock as well. Give us a call at 714-421-4314, one of our techs will go through everything with you, and figure out what would be the best package for your needs and budget.

JKbrick

Sorry to hear about your bad luck, hopefully you were uninjured and your Jeep not too badly hurt in the accident.

As mentioned before, we do offer a direct replacement ProRock 44 axle housing that will bolt right up to your Jeep. But it would also be a good time to upgrade some internals over stock as well. Give us a call at 714-421-4314, one of our techs will go through everything with you, and figure out what would be the best package for your needs and budget.

So you do make a ProRock 44 rear housing?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom