Dynatrac Codex 3 burnout video coming tomorrow on IG

A.J.

If they want to do a cool burnout to get attention they will just may be with a crowd that cannot afford to buy their axles!

As for a Video with CODEX that would get peoples attention that would spend money! How about using that horsepower to destroy the stock axles and do the same thing and show how theirs hold up to same abuse!

when you are 1 of several companies that do the same thing you need to prove why I should give you my hard earned money and not the other guy making the same claims you are! its like putting a sign in front of your Hotdog cart that says world famous!

I like this. Also the chase vehicle day job/Rock crawler camping on the weekend do it all rig.
I could also see a bunch of wannabe badass Overlanding Toyota crowd setting up rooftop camp at the end of the road. Codex stops and surveys then drives through camp rips it up over the obstacles at the end of the road and keeps going out into the dusk as lights fade away into the darkness.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jjlong

I dont want to load down my Jeep with tents, refrigerators,

My Refrigerator was arguably my best Mod! I'm a firm believer in the 3 S's...Soggy Sandwiches Suck!!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
I dont want to load down my Jeep with tents, refrigerators,

My Refrigerator was arguably my best Mod! I'm a firm believer in the 3 S's...Soggy Sandwiches Suck!!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

You don't want to load down your Jeep with a fridge but it was your favorite mod? I'm confused :thinking:

boardsurfer

You don't want to load down your Jeep with a fridge but it was your favorite mod? I'm confused :thinking:

I think that was supposed to quote my post about not wanting to load down with all that stuff - and OK, the fridge is a welcome addition but the point is, I tend to travel light.

Ddays

Hooked
I think that was supposed to quote my post about not wanting to load down with all that stuff - and OK, the fridge is a welcome addition but the point is, I tend to travel light.

10-4, he must have got the respond to quote deal a little sideways there.

I do agree with him - the fridges are awesome

Andy5160

Hooked
You mean like an oil catch can? :cheesy:

LOL - I'm with ya on this. I've literally driven Moby all across the country, wheeled him hard and drove back home again. Before "overlanding" was a thing, we used to call it "off-roading" and "camping". But, I digress.

I agree with you that working with PCOR was a good move to break into this market. Can you think of a video Dynatrac could do with them or their products that would do more for them or should I say, peak the interest from the customer base they're targeting?

Well I read through the whole thread and saw all the videos and what I would love to see is “Resurrection of CODEX” make it JT again [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] most likely not gonna happen but hey throwing it out there.
As marketing pitch I might think that Dtrack could start doing the installs and builds themselves for the customers. If I recall they only do it on a very limited scale.

TrailHunter

Hooked
There is a Burnout video on FB.. (I don't do IG so not sure about that..) And I thought it was pretty cool. The Hellcat sounds bad ass that's for sure.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Absolutely... Wheel it.. Wheel it hard. Document it as a Chase Vehicle in Baja.. Or take it on a week long excursion of difficult Trails and overnight Camping. Lets see how those Axles/Hemi take abuse and get CodeX to places where most “Overlanding” rigs would struggle or Fail. Dynatrac builds the “Confidence to Explore”... let’s see it.

^^This! Funny thing is, I already have confidence in Dynatrac’s axles so no clickbait video is going to be on my playlist. I am, however, very interesting in seeing how well the motor, frame, bodywork and top handle real world abuse.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
IMHO, the Codex build was aimed at a completely new market for Dynatrac - the Overlanding crowd - and they're really smart to do so. Those guys spend an absolute assload of money of camping shit. Why not a set of nice Dynatrac axles? After all their motto is "Confidence to Explore". I think so much of the company and their product that I have a DYNATRAC decal on both sides of my hood.

Having said that, this video makes absolutely zero sense to me. Why burn up a set of tires? Who are they directing this video towards? Overlanders don;t give a shit about that. Nor does the general Jeep population.

Have you ever seen an overlander with aftermarket axles? I never have.

Ddays

Hooked
Have you ever seen an overlander with aftermarket axles? I never have.

:thinking: Kinda

IMG_7047.jpg

IMG_7711.jpg

Kidding aside, no, never. But its a huge market to tap into and those overlander guy have deep pockets. The Overlanding Expo is crazy huge. I almost went to the one they had at Biltmore but couldn't bring myself to go.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
:thinking: Kinda

View attachment 329820

View attachment 329821

Kidding aside, no, never. But its a huge market to tap into and those guys have deep pockets. The Overlanding Expo is crazy huge. I almost went to the one they had at Biltmore but couldn't bring myself to go.

No I get that it’s a huge market but very few people buy aftermarket axles for their Toyota’s. Especially since they come with independent fronts. And quite frankly, a Honda Civic could go most places overlanders go. They don’t need $20k axles.

Ddays

Hooked
No I get that it’s a huge market but very few people buy aftermarket axles for their Toyota’s. Especially since they come with independent fronts. And quite frankly, a Honda Civic could go most places overlanders go. They don’t need $20k axles.

I agree 100% but you gotta make them think they need them. How many guys went out & bought the shit that was on the Camel Trophy Land Rovers? I honestly have no idea but I bet there was a significant market for the accessories. If they're trying to grow and expand into new markets, which is what I think they're trying to do, builds like the Codex make sense even if I don't like it at all.

jdofmemi

Remember the Camel Trophy ? How about several Jeep's built with their axles and sponsor a "Dynatrac Trophy" competition? Throw short vids out on the social media platforms and do the long form or stages on Youtube. Get EVO involved, Jeep, other sponsors and violia - instant buzz and demand.

I like that idea. I loved the Camel Trophy back then. I wanted to enter, but never had the time or $$

Resurrecting the spirit of it, but with Jeeps would be a ton of fun.

I miss the Camel Trophy races...having something similar with Jeeps would be very cool and I would definitely watch...

Drove my Hellcat to the store to buy groceries...while leaving, I was thinking of Ddays...almost stabbed the skinny pedal in the parking lot...but only almost. Did get to 0-40 mph in under 2 seconds though (all without any smoke)...Mercer Island police know my jeep well...

You have to plan it out so it gets on video, or else why bother.

We are all waiting though.

Exodus 4x4

I think they would’ve been better off building an axle for a new SS Camaro or the like. If you’re trying to expand your customer base, go there. I bet most people would be surprised to know that Currie sells a whole lot more differentials in that market than they do in the off road world.

Ddays

Hooked
I think they would’ve been better off building an axle for a new SS Camaro or the like. If you’re trying to expand your customer base, go there. I bet most people would be surprised to know that Currie sells a whole lot more differentials in that market than they do in the off road world.

Good point. There's way more muscle cars and drag racers out there than people buying off road axles. They make crate axles for almost every muscle car made and their Ford 9" based drag racing axles are very stout. Strange Engineering is another big player in that market

Top Bottom