Dynatrac Full Float Rear Axle Removal

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
Hi Guys

Couldn’t find this info anywhere on the forum. I need to pull my ARB locker to replace the air seal and I think I know what needs to be done to remove my full float rear axles. Looking at the drawing I got from Dynatrac it looks like I remove the small bolts on the full float cover then the axle nuts. Any info you guys can offer would be awesome. I do need to learn more about these full float axles as this is the first time I have needed to do anything with them. Got way too good at dealing with my stock axles when I had them! Thanks in advance for the info and tips!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You just need to remove the axle bolts and pull it out. Here, watch this video at about 12:27 and then do it backwards.

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
Have one more question guys. In the video building the ProRock 80 the tech dropped on an orange gasket around the axle shaft before bolting them in. Is this a standard type o-ring gasket you can find locally or something special from Dynatrac? Or can I just use the same gasket seal as I use on the diff cover to seal them also?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Have one more question guys. In the video building the ProRock 80 the tech dropped on an orange gasket around the axle shaft before bolting them in. Is this a standard type o-ring gasket you can find locally or something special from Dynatrac? Or can I just use the same gasket seal as I use on the diff cover to seal them also?

Is your o-ring damaged? Not sure what the replacement for it would be but I'd bet that it comes from Timken or the like. Dynatrac would be able to tell you what you need and where to get it. If you get a replacement on your own, it needs to be chemical resistant like all automotive o-rings. Napa might have what you're looking for if you bring them a sample.

WJCO

Meme King

If you're referring to this thing, any auto parts store should have it for a couple of bucks.

Untitled.jpg

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
Is your o-ring damaged? Not sure what the replacement for it would be but I'd bet that it comes from Timken or the like. Dynatrac would be able to tell you what you need and where to get it. If you get a replacement on your own, it needs to be chemical resistant like all automotive o-rings. Napa might have what you're looking for if you bring them a sample.

Yep, it was all squeezed flat and broke into a few pieces when I pulled out the axle shafts. It is just the small orange o ring that the Dynatrac tech tossed around your Prorock 80 axle before he bolted them in on the video.

Last edited:
Top Bottom