Dynatrac PR 60 package

The Cock Father

I have a set on order too! Looking forward (very much) to getting them and all set up. As expensive as they are, they are a great deal.

rockwell

Unless you order it differently, the rear 60 will be a high pinion and that'll help keep the driveline from at least not being any worse. It'll also help keep the pinion yoke up higher away from the rocks. If how wide you are is a concern, the 60/60 setup will have you sitting wider than stock so you will want to be looking at wheels with MORE back spacing. Trail Ready is definitely a choice to consider and something around the 4.5" of back spacing should help keep things tucked under the flares better. If you're going to run coil overs, this can cause a rubbing issue though. You just need to figure out what's more important to you.
No plans on coilovers anytime soon. Can I get away with 5-5.5 backspace (I was actually considering the 5.28" Hutchinsons.)? Would the extra width of the 60's allow this or is 4.5" the maximum? I understand either way they won't be under stock width fenders but if I can get them close I am less likely to be harassed about them.

tgoss

No plans on coilovers anytime soon. Can I get away with 5-5.5 backspace (I was actually considering the 5.28" Hutchinsons.)? Would the extra width of the 60's allow this or is 4.5" the maximum? I understand either way they won't be under stock width fenders but if I can get them close I am less likely to be harassed about them.

Easily....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

You shouldn't have any problems.

RSQCON

Unless you order it differently, the rear 60 will be a high pinion and that'll help keep the driveline from at least not being any worse. It'll also help keep the pinion yoke up higher away from the rocks.
That is not correct. The 60/60 package comes with with a ProRock 60 high pinion front but the rear axle is a standard cut Pro 60. I too thought it was a ProRock 60 front and rear but only the front is high pinion

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That is not correct. The 60/60 package comes with with a ProRock 60 high pinion front but the rear axle is a standard cut Pro 60. I too thought it was a ProRock 60 front and rear but only the front is high pinion

News to me but then, I'm not in the market for one. If what you say is true, I stand corrected.

Watch WAYALIFE YouTube Videos
WAYALIFE Jeeps & Specs

tgoss

But even so, this is still a great deal, right?

I hope so, because I'm a couple weeks out from receiving mine!

Yes, for full float Dynatrac 60's this is an amazing deal! Only thing I added were Dynaloc hubs on mine. I can't wait to get them.

To think these are priced better than UD60's now and people are still buying those is beyond me.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ya the rear is a low pinion Pro 60 full float in the package deal.

Makes sense being that the package was setup to be a UD60 fighter. Like I said, I'm not in the market for one because I already have them and more.

I hope so, because I'm a couple weeks out from receiving mine!

To me, it's a better deal. A high pinion 60 is great in that you get more clearance, you can help reduce your drive line angle and help protect your pinion BUT the downside to it is that your ring gear is run on the weak side.

Yes, for full float Dynatrac 60's this is an amazing deal! Only thing I added were Dynaloc hubs on mine. I can't wait to get them.

To think these are priced better than UD60's now and people are still buying those is beyond me.

Yes, it's a better price and for a much better product in my opinion.

RSQCON

I am very happy that the rear is a standard cut and not high pinion. Pinion is now running on the correct side of the gear which increases the strength of this axle. That and we're talking an inch or two difference no big deal

rockwell

I am very happy that the rear is a standard cut and not high pinion. Pinion is now running on the correct side of the gear which increases the strength of this axle. That and we're talking an inch or two difference no big deal
It's a bigger deal to us 2 door guys. I'd give up some strength for a better pinion angle. I wish high pinion was an option with the hardcore package.

Journeyman

I did. It was like $3k more for the high pinion full floater, you lose the package deal price. If it was only like a grand I would have ordered it already.

For that price you could jump to pr60-80 package.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Excuse me xd60-80 but that is a standard cut rear also.

Last edited:
Top Bottom