Dynatrac Pro Rock 44

Chris1015

Bubba was cool from Exodus. ordered some Evo half doors from him couple weeks ago. They were on back order and he kept me apprised to when they would be in. Trail Jeeps was lie after lie after lie.

Example: not biggest deal but only the tip of the ice berg at that joint. had my jeep worked on there in June of last year. October I call and ask Wes if he possibly kept my wheel lock. Claims that they likely did and he will check. Days ago by. Ask again, cant even bother to get back to me. Apparently something so stupid as that happens regularly he admitted. They dont give a fuck about you but front they do.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Chuck Converse works for Trail Jeeps now? He was with Northridge? TJ price seems way high. Wondering if they are subbing it through NR? A couple years ago I ordered an AEV tire carrier through TJ and it had a shipping label from Northridge.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
I wouldn't buy anything large again from either NR or TJ. TJ has no business doing anything online. They have zilch for inventory and they drop ship most of their shit. I ordered a Bestop soft top from Tim and it got shipped from 4WP In Colorado. And of course it was wrong. I had to return it to my local 4WD after waiting 2 weeks for someone to straighten out the paperwork. :grayno: They're talk a great game on the phone but their service ends up being horrible.

I agree with others - save some dough & use stock knuckles if you can. Drill it out for the DL flip & you'll save a bunch of money you can put elsewhere. I admit, I ordered them when I got my axles but it was before I knew any better. If you really want just paint the stock ones orange & no one will ever know ;)

If I were to order axles again I'd order from the guys that make them - Dynatrac.

Exodus 4x4

TJ has no business doing anything online. They have zilch for inventory and they drop ship most of their shit.

If I were to order axles again I'd order from the guys that make them - Dynatrac.

To be fair, most shops don’t. I’ll be the first to admit that I drop ship most orders. It’s unrealistic nowadays to inventory at least 2 of every product possibly available for TJ and JK wranglers, and now add the JL to it.

My biggest reason now is property tax. Try opening up an online retail and housing all that inventory, then having to pay property tax on that bullshit. It’s fucking criminal.

There’s also buy ins required to meet the margins that will allow us to sell you something at a decent enough price to compete against places like NR and Quadratec, and we still struggle. On any given order after paying shipping, cc fees, and shop overhead, I might make 3-4%. There are a few companies like EVO and Dynatrac that I put up the money for so I can keep more margin but it’s still hard to compete with the bigger stores and doesn’t make sense to inventory their product. I have stuff sitting in inventory for 6 months that should’ve moved as soon as it got to me, but it hasn’t.

As far as ordering direct from Dynatrac, yeah that’s an option. Let me know how fast they answer the phone on Friday or Saturday night though if there’s a question about your order. Same product, same price, but not the same service. Not saying it should be either. Some of us are trying work together with the manufacturers to provide not just a great product, but a great service as well.

Chris1015

I sense I missed a thread somewhere...
They destroyed everyone on black Friday about a year and a half ago. Kind of took some responsibility but still made excuses. Didnt totally affect me just because I wasnt heading to their shop from Chicago until months later. So back order or not it didnt do anything to me at the time.

Personally, they just compounded lies and only answered questions when convenient. Lied about when items would ship, then days before I'm supposed to leave 7 suspension boxes show up. Like a dumbass I gotta drive 1000 miles to Golden with all that and I was pinching pennies sleeping in the back with a JKS box for a pillow. Told me they would send me back items we pulled off and never did. 99% sure they sold it themselves on C.L. for their own profit like they said they do. I could keep going.

Just shitty people who truly only care about themselves and not service. Doesnt fly for me, I try to avoid places like that like a plague.

Chris1015

Last thing to say lol

Everything is a mystery. Questions that pop up over time take days for replies. Spending big bucks with them is just not fun.

Ddays

Hooked
To be fair, most shops don’t. I’ll be the first to admit that I drop ship most orders. It’s unrealistic nowadays to inventory at least 2 of every product possibly available for TJ and JK wranglers, and now add the JL to it.

My biggest reason now is property tax. Try opening up an online retail and housing all that inventory, then having to pay property tax on that bullshit. It’s fucking criminal.

There’s also buy ins required to meet the margins that will allow us to sell you something at a decent enough price to compete against places like NR and Quadratec, and we still struggle. On any given order after paying shipping, cc fees, and shop overhead, I might make 3-4%. There are a few companies like EVO and Dynatrac that I put up the money for so I can keep more margin but it’s still hard to compete with the bigger stores and doesn’t make sense to inventory their product. I have stuff sitting in inventory for 6 months that should’ve moved as soon as it got to me, but it hasn’t.

As far as ordering direct from Dynatrac, yeah that’s an option. Let me know how fast they answer the phone on Friday or Saturday night though if there’s a question about your order. Same product, same price, but not the same service. Not saying it should be either. Some of us are trying work together with the manufacturers to provide not just a great product, but a great service as well.

I totally understand that and honestly I should backtrack a little. Carrying inventory blows - I know firsthand and agree 100%. You never have the correct shit and if you have blue everyone wants red. BUT, I don't promise the world to someone over the phone and two months later blame it on the supplier fucking shit up. TJ did this to me twice. You are up front
in stating how you operate but they are not.

Its unfortunate that today's internet is an online price checking service. I get shopped by customers and compete against some dumb mofo sitting in his underwear in his basement with zilch for inventory and he's selling shit cheaper than I am.

Valid point on the axles. I've not had the pleasure of doing business with you yet but based on your following and high recommendations by those that have would certainly not hesitate to do so. If I could get the wife to quit buying goddam horse trailers and tow rigs I might be able to swing additional purchases. Turnabout sure is a bitch :grayno:

Exodus 4x4

I totally understand that and honestly I should backtrack a little. Carrying inventory blows - I know firsthand and agree 100%. You never have the correct shit and if you have blue everyone wants red. BUT, I don't promise the world to someone over the phone and two months later blame it on the supplier fucking shit up. TJ did this to me twice. You are up front
in stating how you operate but they are not.

Its unfortunate that today's internet is an online price checking service. I get shopped by customers and compete against some dumb mofo sitting in his underwear in his basement with zilch for inventory and he's selling shit cheaper than I am.

Valid point on the axles. I've not had the pleasure of doing business with you yet but based on your following and high recommendations by those that have would certainly not hesitate to do so. If I could get the wife to quit buying goddam horse trailers and tow rigs I might be able to swing additional purchases. Turnabout sure is a bitch :grayno:

Lol, it’s weird the stuff I have in inventory but haven’t sold. Stuff you’d think would be extremely common and move fast.

I’m not sure what’s going on now at Trail Jeeps regarding outside sales, but it seems like their shop builds are going well.

WJCO

Meme King
For anyone curious about the oem knuckles, yes the Dana 30 or Dana 44 are the same knuckles.

As far as the Reid or Rancho knuckles, the tie rod still bolts up from underneath but is about an inch higher than the factory location.

Exodus 4x4

For anyone curious about the oem knuckles, yes the Dana 30 or Dana 44 are the same knuckles.

As far as the Reid or Rancho knuckles, the tie rod still bolts up from underneath but is about an inch higher than the factory location.

I like the Rancho knuckles. I know it’s not a huge difference but when I sell a 2” DOM tie rod to someone, that extra height helps out.

fiend

Caught the Bug

That’s an expensive inch. Buy a can of orange spray paint and put the money toward something else.

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
^^^Bubba really answers every time I call or email him, or he’ll call right back. Can’t find service like that anywhere else!

That is 100% correct. I have a string of text messages from Bubba a mile long with questions and updates on shipping.
Might I add he didn’t know me before I started shopping for my ProRock. [emoji1303]

Top Bottom