Dynatrac ProFloat XD60™ Axle

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
And, because I know it's coming, if only because I've seen it on IG and on our YouTube channel, no, there hasn't been some kind of falling out between Dynatrac and I or at least, that I know of. Unlike some who sing praises for them because of the free parts or discounts they now get, Jim is a close and long time personal friend of mine - NONE of what I'm saying is news to him and I can assure you that I have personally told him just how disappointed I am with the direction he's been going in lately. To me, that's what real friends are for and while he may not be happy about it, we do still talk.

As far as you guys go, all I'm trying to do is what I always do and that's to share good and honest information, based on my personal experience and in spite of who my friends are. Of course, you can take it or leave it.

Dale72

Hooked
And, because I know it's coming, if only because I've seen it on IG and on our YouTube channel, no, there hasn't been some kind of falling out between Dynatrac and I or at least, that I know of. Unlike some who sing praises for them because of the free parts or discounts they now get, Jim is a close and long time personal friend of mine - NONE of what I'm saying is news to him and I can assure you that I have personally told him just how disappointed I am with the direction he's been going in lately. To me, that's what real friends are for and while he may not be happy about it, we do still talk.

As far as you guys go, all I'm trying to do is what I always do and that's to share good and honest information, based on my personal experience and in spite of who my friends are. Of course, you can take it or leave it.
I'm with you. I will always be honest and tell the truth. If someone wants me to lie to them then don't ask me a question

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
Not to mention ball joints.

True, running Dynatrac or rare parts, you can reduce the wear on them, but still a weak point in the system.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

This is the first I've heard anyone say that Dynatrac ball joints are the weak point in an axle? :thinking:

PS: This thread is tanking the value of my goddam PR60 that's gonna be for sale soon :mad:

wjtstudios

Hooked
This is the first I've heard anyone say that Dynatrac ball joints are the weak point in an axle? :thinking:

PS: This thread is tanking the value of my goddam PR60 that's gonna be for sale soon :mad:

They’re perfect for a 2 door on 37s[emoji6]

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Brute

Hooked

I do appreciate that...can you tell me if the Raiders are going to make the playoffs?

jdofmemi

Gonna have to put that pos on Craigslist, since you already know no one here will want it. 🤣🤣

desertrunner

I definitely understand that it's stronger than the traditional SF60 but if you need the strength of a FF axle in the rear doesnt that mean you need it in the front too? Seems like an odd thing to have 1 and not the other. Maybe the v8 swap market is needing more rear and strength but if you have the money for that why not go FF. idk it's cool that they are developing new things but I don't really see where this axle fits for the jeep realm. Maybe I'm just missing it but if I ever ditch my 35 spline D44 rear it's gonna be full float

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

What do you mean for sale!?! We already have a payment plan set

Exodus 4x4

I definitely understand that it's stronger than the traditional SF60 but if you need the strength of a FF axle in the rear doesnt that mean you need it in the front too? Seems like an odd thing to have 1 and not the other. Maybe the v8 swap market is needing more rear and strength but if you have the money for that why not go FF. idk it's cool that they are developing new things but I don't really see where this axle fits for the jeep realm. Maybe I'm just missing it but if I ever ditch my 35 spline D44 rear it's gonna be full float

I know it’s hard for most to imagine, but when spending $25k on an engine swap this is a much more manageable option than dropping another $13k+ on axles. We actually do have a lot of customers that want nothing more than 35’s or 37’s on their JK’s after the LS swap, so this is a great option for them. This is the scenario where I see the most use for this axle.

The ProFloat axle (in my opinion) resembles the rear axle in the current Ford Raptor, and I have some friends with Raptors that are pretty aggressive with them off road. Their axles hold up just fine with 37’s.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Ain't gonna lie...I just see a bunch of marketing hype here. Time will tell for sure. A semi float is still a semi float. If this doesn't work out for consumers, a lot of them will be throwing their wives out on YouTube with yoga pants in hopes of a better axle. We shall see.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I know it’s hard for most to imagine, but when spending $25k on an engine swap this is a much more manageable option than dropping another $13k+ on axles. We actually do have a lot of customers that want nothing more than 35’s or 37’s on their JK’s after the LS swap, so this is a great option for them. This is the scenario where I see the most use for this axle.

The ProFloat axle (in my opinion) resembles the rear axle in the current Ford Raptor, and I have some friends with Raptors that are pretty aggressive with them off road. Their axles hold up just fine with 37’s.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

All 1/2 ton trucks run Semi-Float and some are rated to tow in the 12k range... (not that I agree towing that much with a 1/2 ton). And don't know the dynamics of rolling weight forces vs the force of crawling on rocks though... Just an observation. I think it comes down to knowing the limitations of your wallet and wheeling accordingly.

Top Bottom